PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane mowers

originalboxcar
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
I can't recall ever seeing alot of great dane mowers use by LCO's.

Are they good, bad, indifferent?

Any experiences?

thx,

t~

bushtrimmer
10-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Never had a Dane, only cause no dealer nearby.
IMO though, the best thing to happen to John Deere. But here enlies the problem, it's now a JD and i've vowed not to own one of them again.

rosolar
10-18-2004, 10:48 AM
I bought a 2001 48in great dane stander with 300 hrs. 17hp kawi. worked awsome all summer long, no big problems, just general maintenance. Got a friend who must have over 1500hrs on his, ran great, although this year he put in $600 to it. I like them: solidly built, nice stipes, fast.

pjslawncare/landscap
10-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I recently purchased a 48" hydro wb with 17 horse kaw brand new. So far I like it, but I only put about 100 hours on it so far. If I had to say anything I dont like, it would be that the pumps hang a bit low and cause ground clearance problems. Shouldnt be a problem normally, but I do a lot of road fronts where I require more clearance for accessability. Other than that it seems built solid and performes well

Envy Lawn Service
10-18-2004, 10:19 PM
They used to have a 'forum' here. But they left and closed it. I never heard why.

impactlandscaping
10-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I looked at several of their mowers in Louisville, and even demoed a Gen II Super Surfer. They seem to be better quality than what most give them credit for, kind of like Snapper's rep.....but, :drinkup: I'll take my Wright Standers any day, though... :drinkup: