PDA

View Full Version : Are people working?

Dodgemania
10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
It's raining cats and dogs in kentucky but as I got on lawnsite I saw that 59 people are viewing. Are you all rained out or just slow on work.

bushtrimmer
10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Raining in Cincy, started as crews were going out this morning.

pjslawncare/landscap
10-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Raining here. Im gettin ready to go out to my shop and work on my harley basket case I purchased a while back for just such occasions :drinkup:

timinkc
10-18-2004, 12:20 PM
well it rained overnight here (north of KC) and it seems most of the grass has just about stopped growing...i hear it's gonna warm up some this week though so maybe we'll get some growth

mbricker
10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I've been on "vacation" since Thurs. Have 2 sisters I haven't seen since Mom passed away a year ago. Flew to E. Tenn for a mini family reunion.

At home, the grass has almost stopped growing, but the majority of leaves are still on the trees. But last week rain off and on for 3 days--after 4 very dry weeks--so the mowing will resume tomorrow.

I have really started liking this time of year for the reason I finally get to slow down after busting azz all summer. Will really miss that now that I am about to start a "real" job.

Dodgemania
10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I figured I was the only one rained out. I've got a question what do you guys do in the winter to make money besides plowing snow?

impactlandscaping
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
We had a heavy frost here this morning. The lawns weren't clear until about an hour ago, so I told my brother to be ready at noon...a shrub / tree trim job and a interior plantscape lobby visist is all I have planned for today anyways.

Gravely_Man
10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Just using the morning to catch up on paperwork and let the lawns warm up before I head out the door. Things are really slowing down now that the cooler weather has arrived. In the winter I do snow removal, Christmas light installation, firewood sales and tree removals.

Gravely_Man

sanfordandsonfan
10-18-2004, 01:11 PM
been raining on and off in st. louis for the past week. I worked Friday and Satuday, and today its raining again. My wife and I are leaving for Mexico on Wed. and we will be back on Sunday. Next week, I will start my leaf clean ups. During the winter, I have been doing some junk hauling work for a few real estate companies. Nothing pretty, but it is cash flow.

all ferris
10-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Raining here. All I can do is watch about $1000 worth of grass seed wash out of my yard. Good times!

lqmustang
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
About to start raining here in the next half hour or so. Did my repo's today, as I don't care about doing those in the rain. Will resume with full service accounts tomorrow after things dry out.

Dodgemania
10-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Any guys do skidloader work during the winter. Like backfill around foundations rough grades?