PDA

View Full Version : The official leaf cleanup picture thread

FrankenScagMachines
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Please feel free to post your leaf cleanup pictures here. Post pics of equipment, jobs (before and after please), etc. Please don't just post a before or just an after picture. We want to see both! Even list what equipment you used on the job, and if you want, how long it took to do it and how many guys were working on the job.

I'll post some when the rain stops and it dries a little!! I've already done a few cleanups to start off the season but no pics. No worries there'll be more aplenty!

KathysLGC
10-18-2004, 02:19 PM
It's a bit to early around here for any good before/after pics. I will be trying out my home made leaf plow and taking pics real soon tho. Also my Accelerator came in so i'll be taking pics of how well it works with leaves.

FrankenScagMachines
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
sounds good! I look foward to the pics. Take pics of your other equipment too, haven't seen that yet. :)

o-so-n-so
10-18-2004, 04:22 PM
This is last years photo.......that ultra vac is an awesome piece of equipment.
Photo is my helper operating the lazer z.

I'll have some recent pictures to post very soon.

lost my photo........................

lawncare3
10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
BUMP 15 blah balh blah sfdvgjhseruhgsdjfhgsrjgdfjs

proenterprises
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
hey, where are all the pics guys?

mdb landscaping
10-22-2004, 04:19 PM
haha you made this thread way too early. dont start first round clean-ups till monday. :cool:

proenterprises
10-22-2004, 06:32 PM
haha you made this thread way too early. dont start first round clean-ups till monday. :cool:

really mdb? im in ct too, we have a considerable amount down here already.

FrankenScagMachines
10-22-2004, 11:15 PM
They're coming down here! So it's not too early for the thread really. we've been doing them for the past few days, but sorry i've been in too much of a rush to get pics! Did some today would've been good for pics, but no time (to put it this way, i ended the day with 7 more to do, i knew i wouldn't get them all but thought i'd only have a few left), and it's supposed to rain tomorrow so no way i'm taking a few minutes here and there to take pics! Sorry.. better luck next week eh? lol..

jpmako
10-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Here is a brief description of my clean-up method.

1. Cut with a 48" W/B with Gator Blades or if there is a lot of leaves I blow the bulk off.

2. Bring out the Big Mother Sucker. The 777 Z-Track with Bagger.

3. If I can get away with mulching a particular lawn I throw the bagger on my Lesco w/ Gator blades and let it fill up, and proceed to cut with the bagger full (My version of a OCDC).

Here are some pics. I will post some better ones soon.

jpmako
10-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Here is another Pic

Turf Medic
10-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey eric, how come you get to start all the "offical fill in the blank threads" official stripes thread, official equipment thread, official trailer thread, official I built it at home thread, official mom's van pulling the trailer thread :D

Just kidding

desert rose gardening
10-28-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm way down in southern California on the border, we don't get much leaf fall out here. I couldn't show you a picture if I wanted to!

jpmako
10-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Here is some Pictures of a clean-up done today

Before

jpmako
10-29-2004, 08:48 PM

After

Scraper
10-29-2004, 08:50 PM

Before

You call that needed to be cleaned up? That's a normal mow, blow and go! LOL

P.S. Looks like you got started then decided you better take a pic...let's save this thread for real cleanups.

jpmako
10-29-2004, 08:53 PM
You call that needed to be cleaned up? That's a normal mow, blow and go! LOL

Actually there was no BLOW!
I double cut with Gators and my cather on to act as an OCDC.
It helps mulch up the leaves. Next week I will snap some photos of lawns that really require a clean-up, leaves are like 6" thick.
Anyway where are your photo's?

Scraper
10-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Anyway where are your photo's?

Maybe I'll have photos when a lawn around here needs a real cleanup.. As for 6" thick? Sounds like alot of hot air. Never seen that in 20 years in the biz.. Exaggerate all you want...longevity will get you respect.

P.S. You mean you don't blow off the walks/drive when you're done? Don't make me use the "S" word.....

jpmako
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Uh Okay Yes I do blow off the walkways, Decks and driveways when I am done. What "S" word are you talking about? I hope you are not thinking the word Scrub!
I have my method and it works for me! And I have 14 years longevity in this business. Maybe you want to bash someone else? I was just posting some pictures because I saw that this thread had like 900 views and no photos!!!
I am sorry that you have a problem with that!

Scraper
10-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Actually there was no BLOW!

Explain this????

jpmako
10-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Explain this????

I did not blow off the lawn. I only double cut it!

Turf Medic
10-29-2004, 11:29 PM
As for 6" thick? Sounds like alot of hot air. Never seen that in 20 years in the biz.. Exaggerate all you want...longevity will get you respect.

We don't get much in the way of leaves around here, and a few years back I wouldn't have believed 6" thick leaves, that is until we were in Maryland one fall, some of the yards with lots of trees, had leaves waist deep, no BS, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't actually walked in them, can't imagine what it must be like to clean that up

cantoo
10-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Leaves here can be a foot thick in places. Today I blew out some leaves using my Steiner with a turbine the leaves were almost a foot thick and they aren't all down yet. I try to do this one place a few times so it doesn't look that bad. We have one customer who lives at a T intersection and her lawn gets almost 2 feet thick in spots. If you want to waste some time do a search using my name I posted pictures of it before. The lady only has a couple of small trees on her property the leaves all belong to her neighbours.

mdb landscaping
10-30-2004, 07:50 PM
snapped a quick shot of the leaf rig today. finished first round clean-ups on some accounts. got a lot more to do lol.

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:16 AM
here's a pic of a property we did. this place is on a point at the lake here, the pic doesn't show much of the property but we had these leaves and half that many again on the other side of the driveway. Took one and a half to two truckloads of leaves out of there. The thing that was bad about this one, was we did it when it was dry, but then it got late and dark so we had to leave it and come back later. well it rained before later, so this pic is of when we came back to finish it we had all of these all wet, they were already piled up like this and this was all the work we had left to do there just move this pile and suck it up. We already had gotten the leaves on the other side of the driveway they were dry (did it first trip) that was just fine, oh but the new vac does not like wet leaves. normally we will use the Z to push piles like this, but this was new grass on a slope and very soft and slippery. We tore the ground up by dragging tarps on it, and our feet slipping on the damp/fragile grass tore it up some, so don't anyone say "use a leaf plow"!!!!! the customer would have freaked if we did that, and it would have rutted the yard and peeled up the turf. thats a no-go. so lot of manual labor on this one. WET LEAVES STINK!!!! lol... payup they did though!

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:21 AM
here's our vac- 11hp Billy Goat w/8" hoses. Next year i beleive it will probably be replaced with something bigger, because it just doesn't like wet leaves and we can't possibly get to all of the jobs before and between rains. On dry leaves its great. Hmm. It may stick around another season who knows, it is a definate upgrade from the 5hp 6" one! :blob3:

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:25 AM
here's the truck. 11.6 yard capacity for leaves. I need to get pics/movie of the leaf dumper mechanism i built! it's cool and didn't cost much, very effective too. it's a winch at the back of the bed that drags out a large wooden drag at the front of the bed.

Next year it will have higher sides for leaves and probably a hydraulic dump under it to handle the heavier load and other materials.

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Billy Goat push blower

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:34 AM
2004 Echo PB650T backpack blower not shown
2004 RedMax EBZ8000RH backpack blower, right hand throttle 71.9 cc, 688 CFM at the pipe, 203 mph, 24.9# and comes with a waist strap! air conditioned back pad too.

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36" 17hp Kawasaki V-twin with Pro-Slide and doubles.

FrankenScagMachines
11-18-2004, 07:40 AM
2004 Ferris IS1000Z 52" 23hp Kawasaki V-twin, front independant suspension, 10 bushel triple bag Fast-Vac, deck driven fan. Nice unit for grass bagging, i'd like to try the clamshell dumper for leaves though.

walker-talker
11-18-2004, 08:48 AM
snapped a quick shot of the leaf rig today. finished first round clean-ups on some accounts. got a lot more to do lol.How's you new vac working for ya? Do you get much blowout and what did ya give for that.....$2K?

mdb landscaping
11-18-2004, 05:16 PM
we've had that vac for a number of years. we just sanded it down and painted it recently. the vac works awesome. not too much blow out on top. we really have yet to clog it once this season. its a hog. sucks up everything in sight, sucked my carhardt pant legs in twice. i need to watch it or ill lose a leg.

walker-talker
11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
we've had that vac for a number of years. we just sanded it down and painted it recently. the vac works awesome. not too much blow out on top. we really have yet to clog it once this season. its a hog. sucks up everything in sight, sucked my carhardt pant legs in twice. i need to watch it or ill lose a leg.
Sorry...I was thinking of another memeber on here that recently bought one off eBay.

simsy71
11-23-2004, 08:46 PM
some pics of parkway we did

stevesmowing
11-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36" 17hp Kawasaki V-twin with Pro-Slide and doubles.

thats a lot of hp. Ever gotten it to bog down?

FrankenScagMachines
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
thats a lot of hp. Ever gotten it to bog down?
No. I run gators over standard blades on it (doubles) seems to be a great combo for that mower works great. double lift blades throw stuff too far and clump a little more in my conditions but it would have no problem running them!
With the gators over regular blades, I can bush-hog at walking speed and it only drops 150 RPM. I have a Tiny-Tach installed on that mower and a SenDec tach/hourmeter unit on the Ferris Z (it has stock hourmeter but i wanted the tach).
I set the deck belt real tight on the Exmark w/b and the way i set up the idler pulleys, the belt has plenty of wrap around the pulleys on the spindles, even still the first thing to slow down in thick stuff is the belt slips a little. The motor has no problem with that unit going through thick stuff at say 5 mph with me on the ProSlide. It is really great. :cool2: I'm a bit proud of that project it turned out really nicely. It and my trailer I beleive are my two greatest accomplishments project wise this season. :cool2: :waving: :D payup