PDA

View Full Version : In the Classifieds today:

cutnedge
10-18-2004, 12:55 PM
In the classifieds today under services provided:
"Get PROFESSIONAL QUALITY Lawn Service and help hurting women at the same time. 333-3333. Mary Magdelene House."

I see it all of the time around here---retired man,christian man,religious couple
college student,etc. using these titles in their ads to generate business.
While I admit some of their services provided income is going to a good cause,why can't some of these people adhere to the traditional pie/cake,garage sales to raise their money instead of interfering with our livelihood?

crawdad
10-18-2004, 01:01 PM
......,why can't some of these people adhere to the traditional pie/cake,garage sales to raise their money instead of interfering with our livelihood?
That's probably what the bakers said, when the pie sales started.
Crawdad

oneandonlyjojo
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
is this an company that just does it for the Mary Magdelene House. or is it a residential that is trying to get extra houses like that

proenterprises
10-18-2004, 02:04 PM
you would have to check into what they actually fork over to this organization. it is possible that they give 5% or less of whatever they make in a week, month, year to this organization, and they get to put it on their flyers. this probably really grabs the attention of many, and im sure gets them some extra biz.

is it wrong? i think not. i will do a couple of lawns for charity next year.

cutnedge
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I called the no.-- the female residents perform the work to provide for their rent,bills,etc. This place houses addicts/alcoholics and homeless women. My heart goes out to these women,of course,and I do admire their work ethic, but using the word "professional"? Hmmm.........................

BTW, Crawdad, good one!!

Randy J
10-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey cutnedge, here's a thought. Maybe you could help these women out, not only in the short term, but also the long term. Could you use some help? If so, maybe you could hire a couple of them. You might get some pretty good laborer's at a pretty reasonable rate. And then maybe you could teach them to be professionals. Just a thought anyway.

cutnedge
10-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Randy J, a very good thought,indeed. You have me thinking now.(oh sh!t)

AndrewE
10-18-2004, 05:42 PM
"and help hurting women at the same time."

What? that doesn't sound right, but i get it after some thinking. They should have worded it better.

tiedeman
10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
That's probably what the bakers said, when the pie sales started.
Crawdad

LMAO!!! That is a good one

Runner
10-19-2004, 02:04 AM
the female residents perform the work to provide for their rent,bills,etc. This place houses addicts/alcoholics and homeless women. I do admire their work ethic, but using the word "professional"? Hmmm.........................

I knew a few women who were alchoholics and addicts. They were "professionals", too! :p