PDA

View Full Version : Good Walk behind? Need Help.

ChadA
10-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Alright I could use some help here. I've been in the business for about 3 months now and im looking to buy a good quallity but reasonably priced W/B. Every dealer i've talked to says theres is the best(of course). I've looked at Toro, Gravely, Exmark, and Scag. All are a little to much for me now. The Scag is closest to what i would like to pay at $2,600 for a 36" belt drive. If you could recommend some good brands that are reliable and not to much i would be grateful. All my accounts are residential so a 32" or 36" is all i will need. A belt drive is fine. under $3,000 would be nice nice but any advice will be appriciated.
Thanks for all your help.

bondman35a
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Check Out lesco, i paid under 3 grand for my 52/17 with electric start, Mine has been a work horse and I will continue to purchase lesco products for a long time

LCME
10-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Did you ask the dealers if they have used equipment for sale?. Used equipment with low hours and a dealer service/warranty is a good deal. Good luck, LCME

WigginsLandscaping
10-18-2004, 01:45 PM
I have a Toro. 52",37"36". I personally wouldn't go less than 36". Belt drives on all of the ones I have and they are fine to me as well. The ONLY thing that I would suggest is to pick a floating deck. Dont skimp on a deck. Fixed decks cut like crap in my opinion. It is worth the money to get the floating deck. The only problem I have had with my toros and it is normal is that you have to adjust the belts regularly but thats it. They are built strong. We have had a buntyn 36 as well and wouldnt recommend that based on the design of the deck and the frame on ours wearing out at the adjustments. I have tried John Deere's in the past Hydro and Belt. Both were good solid machines. Pricey. But cut good.
Good luck. And remember that this is an investment and once you purchase you will ask yourself how did i make it this far without something bigger. I push mowed about 20 yards weekly my first season. The second season with the same amount of help managed about 45 weekly and about 5 additional every other week with nothing more than a few pieces of good equipment.

barnard
10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Go see your Yazoo/Kees dealer.They've got modelKKW36132(36inch, 13 horse Kawasaki)on sale for$1899 Msrp is$2675.

RobH
10-18-2004, 02:11 PM
You will see tons of threads here discussing what w/b or z to buy. I think for the most part that everybody will say that you should buy a machine from a place that has good dealer support. This way if you need parts you can get them quickly or if you need repairs done you can get them done quickly.

All the brands that you mentioned are good brands. Weigh that factor with the dealer who seems to give the best support and you will do fine.

ChadA
10-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I couldn't find any used.

ChadA
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I really appriciate it.

ChadA
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks Bondman35a. I called around about lesco after your reply and found a 36" W/B belt drive w/ a 13hp kawasaki for $1850. Thanks again.