PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way to get more cutomers

Lawn Maintenience
10-18-2004, 02:57 PM
I have just started in the landscaping business in Cranston , ri part time this year and i have always loved it next year i plan to go full time with about 20 cutomers. I am only 19 and i use our push mower for the smaller lawns and a rider for 1 large one i do. i have 4 regular cutomers and i do one 14,000 sq ft lawn with some hills and obstacles but he lets me use his deere rider and cyclone rake it takes me about 3 hours to complete cutting trim and blowing. I want to get about 15 more customers and i want to see if you guys have any advice on getting new customers for spring. My company has no name or anything but after i see i get the cutomers in the spring i plan to buy a trailer a scag 36 inch walk behind and the other tools i hhave and my dad said he may help me out when needed. And i want to accept only cash no checks so i dont get in trouble with the irs for taxes because i have about 10,000 saved up so far. Do you think that people will not want to pay cash ? I also go ot college full time but i will take early classes in the spring so i will have time to cut in the afternoon.

MMLawn
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
This has GOT to be a JOKE. Classic Bobby at his best??? :dizzy:

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 03:54 PM
hey it's your business. you want cash, tell them you want cash, this way.....you don't get in trouble with the irs

cutnedge
10-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Heeeeerrre's your sign

mastercare
10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Best way to start.....walk around the neighborhood knocking on doors. Tell them you're their neighbor, and will be providing lawn services in the upcoming season. Don't be afraid to pull out the "poor kid working his way thorugh college" card. It's how I started. Just ask if it'd be okay to give them a free estimate....and see how many you can get. I got 18 of my neighbors in my first year....very profitable.

As far as cash.....Anyone will pay with check.....but cash is harder. Also, working without liability insurance may be a big gamble....but its your gamble to take.

Finally, remember that if you're paid in cash, and you put that cash in the bank, the bank will automatically report your deposit to the IRS if it is:

1. $10,000 or more in a single deposit.
2. Anytime your deposit more than doubles your acocunt balance.

Be careful, good luck, and remember to become a "legit" business with insurnace, taxes, and all hte good stuff, as soon as you reach any amount of decent income from your endeavor.....maybe even sooner.

MMLawn
10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
1. $10,000 or more in a single deposit.

Actually it is a Total of $10K in any 24 hour period, not just one deposit.

Also under the Patriot Act cash deposits of $3K and up may be reported.

fcl01
10-18-2004, 04:26 PM
This has GOT to be a JOKE. Classic Bobby at his best??? :dizzy:

god i hope so! ;)

maple city
10-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I thought this forum was for professional lawn care companies, not the people trying to screw the honest business people who buy their own equipment, pay insurance, and pay taxes.
:angry: