PDA

View Full Version : What This Site Needs Is.....

barnard
10-18-2004, 03:15 PM
LESS whining about the competition (whether from the kid next door or a national franchise or anything in-between. Whining won't make it go away. LESS bitching about PITAs. Lose 'em if you want,Keep 'em if you want just don't bi+ch about 'em. MORE info that makes what we do easier/more profitable. More things that impact the bottom line, like where to buy for less, effective advertising., more efficient methods and machinery.

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 03:32 PM
boring, boring, boring

cutnedge
10-18-2004, 03:48 PM
That's easy barnard. Just go to the thread "is it lowballing or is it smart."
All your questions are covered.You'll never have to browse another thread.

barnard
10-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Sorry Bobby I can't see your post, you're on my ignore list

oneandonlyjojo
10-18-2004, 06:05 PM
i dont know this barnard charachter but i dont like u already. i think u are crying just as much as all the people u where talking about so stop talking

Husky03
10-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Although I would have addressed the problem differently, Barnard does have a point. I can think of several members who come to this site strictly to *****. They rarely help anyone ;)

Edit: I should also say that there are many very helpful people on this site also. I have learned a ton from this site already. Overall this is a GREAT site. Thanks to all the members that do try to help others out. :)

gogetter
10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Barnard, nobodies making you read those posts.

If you can go elsewhere and find a site that will not have any of that stuff, let us know about it. But I'll save you some time and tell you a site like that doesn't exist.

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 06:57 PM
good, then it wont hurt your feelings when i say, YOU SUCK!!!

HOOLIE
10-18-2004, 07:02 PM
What would we talk about then?

Oh, BTW, where to buy for less- Wal-Mart :p

RedWingsDet
10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
what this site needs?

a stripper section of live girls, with a belly up bar, oh ya, girls modeling weed whips and hedge trimmers :-P .

fcl01
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
What would we talk about then?

Oh, BTW, where to buy for less- Wal-Mart :p

Its where america shops.LOL :rolleyes:

LB Landscaping
10-18-2004, 07:13 PM
How can you have Bobby on your ignore list??? His posts are the best.

Up North
10-18-2004, 07:17 PM
LESS whining about the competition (whether from the kid next door or a national franchise or anything in-between. Whining won't make it go away. LESS bitching about PITAs. Lose 'em if you want,Keep 'em if you want just don't bi+ch about 'em. MORE info that makes what we do easier/more profitable. More things that impact the bottom line, like where to buy for less, effective advertising., more efficient methods and machinery.

Wow, what spurred that? Barnard, I somewhat agree with you. Sometimes guys get a little heated or negative. However, it's an open forum and people are going to talk about some of the negative things that happen on a daily occassion just as they would talk about the positive things. One of the best things we have is our freedom, freedom to pick and choose which threads we want to read or contribute to. There are plenty of good posts on marketing, efficient methods, etc. If you're looking for a particular subject, use the search feature, it's worked well for me a couple times. Heck, if you have some info or ideas share them with us. I've put out a little info and a couple ideas (limited due to not being in the business very long)...some liked them, some had already tried them, some didn't think they'd work. Whatever, that's each LCO's perogative. Anyway, I think Lawnsite.com is one of the best sources we have for the green industry, yeah it gets bogged down by goofy banter once in a while, but I don't have to click on those threads if I don't want. Anyway, hope you find more of what you're looking for, Lawnsite is a great resource.

Buck

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
yea,don't let the door hit ya in the rear end. i hope you find what you're looking for, and it's far far away :sleeping:

barnard
10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Your still on ignore.Bet its a good post though.

MMLawn
10-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Your still on ignore.Bet its a good post though.

HE SAID:

<b>bobbygedd:yea,don't let the door hit ya in the rear end. i hope you find what you're looking for, and it's far far away :sleeping: </b>

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 08:40 PM
you know you got the best of them, when they put you on ignore. the poor man has apparently been outclassed, outspoken, plain ol whooped, by the gedd man. hang your head son, hang it low :cool2:

Acute Cut
10-18-2004, 09:30 PM
you know, UP North put it best. I do tend to agree and have ranted as much myself. I think Bernard has a valid point, but this is a free and open forum. I find less and less to read as i do now pick and choose between bs/bit@hing and good valid posts/questions/conversations.

And Bernard, Bobby is on my ignore list as well. Amazing how much calm that little feature has given me. Sigh* :)

Rhett
10-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Informative posts. Helpfull members. Less back biting. Less politics. More green posts. Less butt budies??????

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 09:35 PM
ah, the butt buddies got me on ignore, say it isn't so :cry:

Green-Pro
10-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Tooooooo funnnnnneeeeee

ha ha ha ha hah hah ha ha ha ha ha ha whoooooooo man!!! I agree with Up North's post also, nobody is making you read any particular posts or threads. I have learned to use the search feature for pertinent info I'm looking for and have found for the most part pretty well informed individuals/professionals willing to impart sound advice from the benefit of their years of experience.

However I gotta say I enjoy the not so serious posts as well and will freely admit I get a chuckle ought of some of the disagreements folks get into (sorry if that offends anyone but I just can't help it!! Like the one where MMlawn went off on flex deck in the thread from MM's post about the kid with dumpy equipment trying to imitate his "style" & the Flex comes back with something about puttin MM to shame with dinosuar equipment or something like that. I mean come on how could you not get a gut chuckle out of that. (again not trying to offend I really think most on here are pretty level headed including you MM and Flex)

Kinda reminds me of when me and some buddies went to ice-fishing tourny in Minn. and one buddy had a run in with Babe Winkleman in a bar I was the designated driver so you can just imagine how I laughed my asss off at these two groups all boomed up and ready to go, smoothed things over and left but funny thing is when we go back he still wants to try and kick babes ass.

Point is there is good,informative, not so good, funny, bonehead, and serious info on this site.

Why do you want to ruin that Barnard???? Just take what you need man.

G-P :laugh:

bobbygedd
10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
you know why he wants to ruin that? cus he's boring! he's a stick in the mud! boy, saturday nights must be a blast at the old barnard residence. i bet it's spaggetios for dinner, an ice cream sandwich at 8, re runs of candid camera, a kiss on the cheek, striped pajamas, hot cocoa, and lights out by 10:15. WHOO HOO :bday: . yea, that would be great, let's all forget about having a little fun and talkin some trash, and we will just talk shop all the time. how gay! the nerve of this guy, telling sean addams, how to run his ALREADY SUCCESFUL, site. that's like some fat beer drinking slob, sitting in a bar, watching a 20 million dollar a year pitcher, and giving him advice on what to throw, and how to play the game. sean don't need advice from a lawnboy.

fcl01
10-18-2004, 10:13 PM
LOL, you really need to be in radio bob-almighty! this is too funny!

DAN

Wreak
10-18-2004, 10:13 PM
i bet it's spaggetios for dinner, an ice cream sandwich at 8, re runs of candid camera, a kiss on the cheek, striped pajamas, hot cocoa, and lights out by 10:15. WHOO HOO :bday: .

That's PURE COMEDY right there.

HAHAHAHAHAH @ Barnyard

Flex-Deck
10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Green Pro - That was a very nice - cool - calm - post - you are a very good example of what the membership on this site should aspire to be - INCLUDING ME. I have had some moments in the past where I exploded - reacted - was in my mind insulted - and came across very poorly - very negetively - very insultingly.

You are a new member, and already understand more about getting a point across in a very non abrasive way. I stand to learn more from your demeanor. Thanks Brad

fcl01
10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
That's PURE COMEDY right there.

HAHAHAHAHAH @ Barnyard
LMAO!!
yeah, conan o'brian has triumph the insult comic dog, lawnsite has bobby the insult comic mullethead!
sorry bobby, too good to pass up!
(ding, ding, ding) LOL! i hear 'em coming!

Dan

Flex-Deck
10-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Reread Green Pro's post - top of page 3

impactlandscaping
10-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Wow...thanks to all the sponsors here, you can pick and choose what you want to read, what not to read, etc.FOR FREE!!!!..Maybe if Sean started charging everyone for membership, say $10.00 a month, it would weed out all the crybabies and intellectually challenged people who waste our time freely posting for free about stupid stuff like this.With that extra $245K a month, Sean could get Bobby a syndicated LS radio show,and we could all listen while working .Bobby could sit in an A/C studio, and tell jokes about people like , well ,we know who you all are... :drinkup:

:bday: How freakin' funny,BG..You are in a league all your own..

BG to Barnard: You got a pretty nice lawn..................

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

leadarrows
10-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Wow...thanks to all the sponsors here, you can pick and choose what you want to read, what not to read, etc.FOR FREE!!!!..Maybe if Sean started charging everyone for membership, say $10.00 a month, it would weed out all the crybabies and intellectually challenged people who waste our time freely posting for free about stupid stuff like this.With that extra $245K a month, Sean could get Bobby a syndicated LS radio show,and we could all listen while working .Bobby could sit in an A/C studio, and tell jokes about people like , well ,we know who you all are... :drinkup:

:bday: How freakin' funny,BG..You are in a league all your own..

BG to Barnard: You got a pretty nice lawn..................

Here we go again. :blob3: This has been tried....did not work out so well...please just let this idea go. :waving:
There use to be a paid member ship deal. It just devided the place.

lawnman_scott
10-19-2004, 01:36 AM
you know why he wants to ruin that? cus he's boring! he's a stick in the mud! boy, saturday nights must be a blast at the old barnard residence. i bet it's spaggetios for dinner, an ice cream sandwich at 8, re runs of candid camera, a kiss on the cheek, striped pajamas, hot cocoa, and lights out by 10:15. WHOO HOO :bday: . yea, that would be great, let's all forget about having a little fun and talkin some trash, and we will just talk shop all the time. how gay! the nerve of this guy, telling sean addams, how to run his ALREADY SUCCESFUL, site. that's like some fat beer drinking slob, sitting in a bar, watching a 20 million dollar a year pitcher, and giving him advice on what to throw, and how to play the game. sean don't need advice from a lawnboy.
I couldnt agree more

impactlandscaping
10-19-2004, 02:07 AM
leadaarows..I was being facetious...not actually implying a paid membership is necessary...but I would pay to hear BG on talk radio..lol

Great avatar by the way!

leadarrows
10-19-2004, 02:21 AM
QUOTE=impactlandscaping]leadaarows..I was being facetious...not actually implying a paid membership is necessary...but I would pay to hear BG on talk radio..lol

Great avatar by the way![/QUOTE]
:cool: :cool: [

leadarrows
10-19-2004, 02:22 AM
Can't delete post any more?

Runner
10-19-2004, 02:56 AM
[QUOTE=barnard]What this site needs is LESS whining about the competition (whether from the kid next door or a national franchise or anything in-between. LESS bitching about PITAs.QUOTE]

...And less complaining about the members who state their issues on here. Afterall, this is a talk forum,...not somewhere you should feel free to just state what you want that happens to be industry related, and what many other people could possibly relate to. ;) This has already been discussed, and each and every time it gets brought up, it's just another "negative" complaint. You are trying to sop up oil with grease. It's all part of the game, and it's the same with any public forum - I don't care what it's about. (Which is basically the same thing Jonathan said). Don't take it to heart, and accentuate the positive.

LOL I just had to laugh when MMLawn repeated Bobby's post after Bobby was told that he was still on Barnard's ignore list. That was pretty funny!

Also, what Bobby said. {Quote}Saturday nights must be a blast at the old Barnard residence. i bet it's spaggetios for dinner, an ice cream sandwich at 8, re runs of candid camera, a kiss on the cheek, striped pajamas, hot cocoa, and lights out by 10:15. WHOO HOO LOL! THAT sounds like Saturday nights at MY house! (except I don't even get Candid Camera reruns, dog gone it!)

And of course, I love what Up North wrote. He said "Heck, if you have some info or ideas share them with us. I've put out a little info and a couple ideas (limited due to not being in the business very long)..."
I've put out a little info and a couple of ideas into this forum, too. Mine were just limited due to - well, lack of intelligence! :rolleyes: LOL!

Anyways, I just want to thank everyone on here, for all they do - "complainers" or non-complainers. Now, if you'll excuse me, you are all going on to my ignore list, so the only posts I'll have to read and put up with will be my own! :laugh:

alpine692003
10-19-2004, 03:00 AM
thats what I love about my area, we help each other out..

I would'nt have been where I am right now if it wasnt for some of the local guys down here and you guys..

No need to whine
:dizzy:

SCAG POWER
10-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Check the off topic fourm for that item. payup payup

crawdad
10-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Here we go again. :blob3: This has been tried....did not work out so well...please just let this idea go. :waving:
There use to be a paid member ship deal. It just devided the place.

"Used to be?" Is it gone now? The last time I peeked through the back door into the private, exclusive, paid, benefit program forum, there were almost no posts. The few posts were about the fact that no one posted there.

Crawdad

A Leaf Above
10-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Well after busting my rump all day in the hot sun , the last thing i wanna come to Lawnsite for is a super serious forum. I like the fact that you have a diverse community of opinions here. I to used to be annoyed at Bobby but you really just have to read his posts to get the jest of what he he is talkin about ...I think all should be free to speak there mind here and if you dont like what is said than just click the back button on yer browser and go read another thread ....no need to flame anyone.

Gravely_Man
10-19-2004, 11:14 AM
I totally agree that there is a lot of complaining here but then again this is a site for professional lawn care companies to come to. If people want to ask a question, post a review or just vent (complain) then that is fine by me. What I am not interested in I donít read.

Gravely_Man

leadarrows
10-19-2004, 11:33 AM
"Used to be?" Is it gone now? The last time I peeked through the back door into the private, exclusive, paid, benefit program forum, there were almost no posts. The few posts were about the fact that no one posted there.

Crawdad
I haven't seen it sense the up grade. Can you still get in?

MMLawn
10-19-2004, 11:38 AM
<b>Runner said..Anyways, I just want to thank everyone on here, for all they do - "complainers" or non-complainers. Now, if you'll excuse me, you are all going on to my ignore list, so the only posts I'll have to read and put up with will be my own! :) </b>

LOL! Don't worry Runner I'll post um for you. :)