PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Truck Loader Setups

maple city
10-18-2004, 04:05 PM
We just got a Billy Goat Truck Loader (18 hp), and I am curious to see how other comapnies have set up their collection systems. We built a box for the truck bed and currently have the leaf loader on the tongue of the trailer. If you have a picture of your set up, i'd love to see it.

Thanks!

mdb landscaping
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
heres the setup i had on my dump trailer with my brother watching and not helping lol. most people want it on the tongue, but i had the box built purposely with the loader on the back cause i had tight spots i wanted to back up into to load the leaves. the door swings with the loader on it to the left and clips on the side of the trailer when i dump. the set up worked quite well.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3790&stc=1

cantoo
10-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't have pictures of our setup but we have it mounted on the front bumper of the truck with a pipe going to the box. It works great especially when we only have to pick up leaves and don't need to haul a trailer. This year we are considering piling the leaves during the day and going back after dark to collect the piles then dump them. There just isn't enough daylight to get everything done. We have lights but it still isn't great running around in the semi dark on strange properties. Never know what you are going to hit or run over.