PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Chute System

Bad Boy Mowers
10-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Bad Boy, Inc. is introducing a new product to the Power Equipment Industry. The Advanced Chute System is a discharge shield that fits virtually all zero-turn mower brands. Its design allows the operator to control the discharge of grass and debris easily from his/her seat. The purpose of this system is to increase flexibility, minimize time on the job, maximize profits, and improve safety.

For more information visit our website: www.advancedchutesystem.com.

gogetter
10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Once again the walk behind guys get left out. :(

Travis Followell
10-18-2004, 07:07 PM
That advanced chute looks pretty good. it would really help out a whole lot on a lot of properties.

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Those of us with Standers are left out too....

grass_cuttin_fool
10-18-2004, 09:14 PM
check this thread out http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84558&page=1&pp=10 , on page 3 meg mo says he has the acs for a wright stander. I have recieved mine for the tiger cub and installed it, soon as this rain clears out Im gonna try it out

Fareway Lawncare
10-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Seems like everyone & there Monkey has an OCDC these days....Just a couple years ago you could only get them from York Sheet or on a Dixie....

tsh1773
10-21-2004, 08:51 PM
check this thread out http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84558&page=1&pp=10 , on page 3 meg mo says he has the acs for a wright stander. I have recieved mine for the tiger cub and installed it, soon as this rain clears out Im gonna try it out

What kind of modifications did you have to make to get yours to fit on your cub. I received mine today? Can you post pics?

grass_cuttin_fool
10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
tsh
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=86117 that is a picture of mine installed. I didnt have to make and modifacations it bolted right up with the equipment provided. all i had to do was drill the holes in the deck. the main thing is to make sure it is far enuff to the front so it doesnt hit the gas tank in the open position

grass_cuttin_fool
10-22-2004, 07:44 AM
gogetter
in this months issue of turf magazine on page c22 trimmer trap offers a '' blade blocker'' for walkbehinds and it looks pretty good in the picture and here is the web addy http://www.trimmertrap.com/ and it is listed as new products on the main page hope this helps
wayne

tsh1773
10-22-2004, 08:03 AM
tsh
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=86117 that is a picture of mine installed. I didnt have to make and modifacations it bolted right up with the equipment provided. all i had to do was drill the holes in the deck. the main thing is to make sure it is far enuff to the front so it doesnt hit the gas tank in the open position

Can you post a pic looking down toward the deck where it bolts on. Mine doesnt want to fit. The lip that sticks up from the deck is causing mine to not sit flat against the opening of the deck. Also where the plastic chute cover attaches, the two hinge things, are in the way. Maybe he sent the wrong one.

AuburnGuy
10-22-2004, 08:15 AM
I have found that the chute works great. But not as universal. I have a 48" deck and the system works, but i have to be very carfull not to raise the deck with the chute up. it hits the gas tank on one side and part of the deck lift on the other. I have trimmed as much of it as i can. I do think it works great, but my deck just does not leave enough room for motion. But still a good product.

grass_cuttin_fool
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
My cam is out of commision right now, but you will have to use the spacers that should of been sent with the bolt kit to get the correct height to clear all of the deck obstructions

Buckeye1
10-22-2004, 01:02 PM
What does that say in yellow letters on the top lip of the chute? Can anyone read it? Looks like some sort of warning, but I can't tell.

tsh1773
10-22-2004, 02:25 PM
What does that say in yellow letters on the top lip of the chute? Can anyone read it? Looks like some sort of warning, but I can't tell.

Not sure of exact words but: Caution: Operate with cover closed.

LCME
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Looked at ACS website and no OCDC for 48" exmark walk behind. See ya.

DLCS
10-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Looked at ACS website and no OCDC for 48" exmark walk behind. See ya.

....not yet anyway, maybe they will make one, seems to be a market for them. :)

nelbuts
10-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I am sorry I am having a problem paying $200 for something that with material and labor can not cost more than $30 just me I guess.

The Captain
10-23-2004, 01:53 AM
I saw these at Expo. They looked so good I wanted to buy one then. Asked at both the Badboy booth and at the Meg-Mow booth only to find out they won't fit on a Turf Tiger with the 52" deck, yet. Called ACS about a week ago to see if they had one yet. "No, not yet. We're working on itand may have one soon." That would be OK if the leaves weren't falling like rain. Sorry ACS, I need it last week. Seems to be a problem with the deck belt cover not leaving enoungh space to mount the bracket as designed. I called our Trac-Vac distributor this a.m. and have one on the way. Should get it Tuesday and hope it works out OK.
By the way it was $80.00+/- cheaper than the show prices for the ACS unit.
(Total $125 and some change.)

Hmmmmmm, maybe that really is gold falling from the trees!

Jim

rylandk
10-26-2004, 02:26 PM
the advanced chute will work on walk behinds. call for info 888-698-1835 ask for Ryland

LCME
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
the advanced chute will work on walk behinds. call for info 888-698-1835 ask for Ryland

Too expensive. I plan to fab my own. Thanks anyway.

rylandk
10-26-2004, 02:35 PM
we are addressing the problems with smaller decks. There isn't much room on 48" and 52" decks for operation. We will have a model out in a few weeks that will better suit the smaller decks.

rylandk
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
i apologize. call me and i will send you what you need. We had about 50 units that went out that had cam problems. The reason being is that someone put lithium grease on the cams which causes it to stick. the cam has to be clean and free. if that doesn't fix it, please let me know. 888-698-1835

ryland

rylandk
10-26-2004, 02:41 PM
we should have something in a couple of weeks.