PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a SLOW week

dfor
10-18-2004, 05:04 PM
This is my first week where I will be skipping lawns and going to a 2 week schedule. Fine by me. It'll pretty much be the first slow week in a long time. Most lawns will only have one more cut, then the real leaf clean-ups begin. How about your area?

lqmustang
10-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Looks like I'll be picking up a fair amount of leaves this week. I skipped about 8 lawns last week due to little or no growth, and I'll probably skip at least that many again this week. I'm pretty confident I'll make up the difference and then some on the leaves tho. payup

z_clark
10-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Yep, slowing down a bit in Texas too. Twenty percent went to biweekly last week. The ones I control the fertilizer and water will get cut 3 or so more times.

We are staying busy though. Did a day full of pruning to tighten everything up for the winter. Pansys will go in as soon as it cools down (hit 90 today).

mdb landscaping
10-18-2004, 05:43 PM
was hoping to start cleanups on friday but that aint gonna happen cause too many leaves are holding on. looks like its gonna rain for a few days which is good cause i still have to mount both turf tiger bagging systems and weight bars, put on another leaf box and the sucker on, put the leaf plows on the walk behinds, and work on some other odds and ends. hopefully the rain and wind will bring some down so we can start first round clean-ups

grasswhacker
10-18-2004, 05:46 PM
I skipped most last week, but have a full schedule this week. The rain for tha past few days has started to get things going again. Ahh I love the smell of fall as it is the precurser to winter.

Brianj
10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
its slowing down in north florida some too, put about half of lawns on every 2 weeks, man we need a break we worked 35 days straight when the hurricanes came thru. now is the time to get those little jobs done that i put off all summer and winter flowers going in soon

tiedeman
10-18-2004, 07:00 PM
slowing down for me this week as well. I am glad that it is slowing down this week because I am sick big time

Del9175
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
The cool evenings have really started slowing down the St. Augstine in my area. I went by some lawns I cut last wensday, and they didn't seem to have grown an inch. I am so looking forward to every other week mowing, but I will defiantely show up this week. Next week??? Not likely.