PDA

View Full Version : Check out this truck, what do you guys think its worth?

syzer
10-18-2004, 07:47 PM
I was considering picking this thing up. Its kind of close to me, and though its old, it only has 25k original miles on it. Then again, I just seen a 99 Chevy diesel for 18k in my local paper, but it didn't have mileage on the add.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2493611709&category=63734

Travis Followell
10-18-2004, 07:58 PM
That sounds like a good deal to me. It would definately be worth that amount and more. You should put a bid in on that.

NNJLandman
10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
ha its funny you brought that up i was lookin at the truck myself but my major turn off is its a gas job. I'm trying to save my money now for a diesel rig and try to make the best possible smart investment on my next truck, and I've decided it has to be a diesel truck.....good luck with that ford seems to be a good deal but seems to be a lot of bidders.

Jeff

shepoutside
10-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Looks sweet, and is blessed too. Wish I was in the states, think'n I'd be intrested in it too.

mickman
10-18-2004, 08:12 PM
SYZER,
where are you located in Md? I am selling 1995 f-350 powerstroke XLT
w/ 4 yr old meyer plow. 145000 miles. 12,000 obo

Lawnchoice
10-18-2004, 08:36 PM
" She " looks pretty good.

I have had Fords along the way and they have been great to us.

Lawnchoice

cantoo
10-18-2004, 10:04 PM
I have a white 89 Ford 3/4 ton with a landscapers dump as a back up. It was used to plow (2wheel drive) a couple of police lots so it only has 65,000 kms on it. It's still a piece of crap ford and my wife hates to drive it. She even parks it behind the barn where no one can see it. Just so you have a comparision I drive an orange Chev ex city truck and am proud of it as compared to the ford. We have likely only put a couple of hundred kms on the thing. The kids use it around the farm for moving gravel and other crap around. That one looks in pretty good shape but I would think you should see it in person before you consider it. A church and chrome rims? Driven by a little old lady too I'll bet.

impactlandscaping
10-18-2004, 10:31 PM
kelly's blue book lists it as $5K for private party seller...add maybe a grand or so for a dealer price..11K is high, even for the low miles. My dad always told me low miles on an older vehicle can be just as bad as high miles from infrequent useage.

HighGrass
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Did I miss something? What year is it? Don't like the plow much. Looks clean though.

syzer
10-18-2004, 10:53 PM
SYZER,
where are you located in Md? I am selling 1995 f-350 powerstroke XLT
w/ 4 yr old meyer plow. 145000 miles. 12,000 obo

I am in Baltimore I would love to pick a diesel up, and have been looking. I need a dump and dont really want to put on a truck after picking it up. Also looking for something with a bit less mileage. There are two 99 chevy diesel dumps with plows in the paper, one for 16.9 I think, and the other 18.5, no mileage in the add though, I have to call tomorrow.

syzer
10-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the insight guys. Sure looks to be in good shape I agree. I may be going for this puppy =).

The chrome rims the company that is selling it probably put on. I see that they refurbish trucks. Most of the others they are selling has them too.

Sheesh, tough decision here. =).

cantoo
10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
syzer, it's an 88. bobby's last girlfriend was only a year or two older than that and look how used she looked. Of cross bobby likely put a heavier load into her a little more often than he should have.
I would look for something newer, the miles don't mean much.

Smalltimer1
10-19-2004, 12:52 AM
I have a white 89 Ford 3/4 ton with a landscapers dump as a back up. It was used to plow (2wheel drive) a couple of police lots so it only has 65,000 kms on it. It's still a piece of crap ford and my wife hates to drive it. She even parks it behind the barn where no one can see it. Just so you have a comparision I drive an orange Chev ex city truck and am proud of it as compared to the ford. We have likely only put a couple of hundred kms on the thing. The kids use it around the farm for moving gravel and other crap around. That one looks in pretty good shape but I would think you should see it in person before you consider it. A church and chrome rims? Driven by a little old lady too I'll bet.

I would run from any Chevy that is for work, because the words Chevy and work do not belong in the same sentence.

Smalltimer1
10-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I am in Baltimore I would love to pick a diesel up, and have been looking. I need a dump and dont really want to put on a truck after picking it up. Also looking for something with a bit less mileage. There are two 99 chevy diesel dumps with plows in the paper, one for 16.9 I think, and the other 18.5, no mileage in the add though, I have to call tomorrow.

I'd give $5k for the Chevy diesels max. They are gutless piles. Even the old Non-turbo 7.3L Ford makes more power than the 6.5 Turbo.

syzer
10-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Cheet...I dont know to bid or not to bid. Price is right, mileage seems very good. Old truck also comes to mind as well.

I would like ot keep it at around 15k for a nice decent milage dump. maybe 18k for a diesel. Its very hard to get trucks like this though, which is why I am seriously contemplating this little feller.

cantoo
10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
I don't know about where you fellas live but here the speed limit is 50 mph and the chevy can haul anything I need to pull behind it so I don't need any more horses or power. I drove a ford gasser all over Michigan for two years and it didn't impress me any. Course I only use the truck for work not pickin up chicks so what do I know. My chev has a couple of hundred kms on it nd don't owe me nothing so if it calves tomorrow there is a auction on Saturday and I will just buy another one the same only a little newer. I might even get a white one this time. My last f350 was canary yellow, a real fashion statement.

Smalltimer1
10-21-2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah our Chevys on the farm just can't take the normal pulling of 10,000lb. loads and over. Our Silverado blew 2 months after we got it. My Ford has been the most reliable truck we've ever had at the farm.

Mdirrigation
10-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Guys I am also in maryland , look in the sunpaper in the real estate section thats where they list auctions . Richie bros, and wolfe auctions have pleanty of trucks and equip. I have a 1988 f350 cab and chasis with 67k miles , it needs some work (steering box seal windshield and exhaust ) runs great for $650.00