PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless Dreams?

EliteImpressions
10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Im trying to plan ahead in life and wondering if this sounds at all possible.
By year 2010 I want these items to fall into place.

-60 Mowing accounts at $30 a week for 28 week season: $50,000
-100 Dog Waste accounts for full 52 weeks(dont knock it until you read about it): $52,000
-Leaf removal 200 during coarse of year averaging $50 each:$10,000
-Resident snow removal, just say about $5,000

Grand total of $115,000 minus employee wage, taxes, insurance, truck, gas, equipment, etc.

I just asking if this is a realistic goal in 5 years, or if anyone has done this. Please dont harass about the Dog Waste too much, I know Im in for some though.

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys offer to all of the new people and myself.

Also, any advise to help me get there would be appreciated as well.

EliteImpressions
10-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I forgot to add that I will be starting out fresh. This comming year.

jajwrigh
10-18-2004, 11:57 PM
What are you goals for the next 2 seasons? 5 season? Forcasting the business growth in smaller pieces may make things easier to gain. Just a suggestion that may help you answer you own question in time. Good Luck...

HOOLIE
10-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Well, I had 60 residentials already by the time I started my second season, so its very realistic. As for the doggie doo thing, there's a company in my area that does that exclusively. He's got little billboards all over the place. I read an article about him in the paper, he does pretty well with it (no competition). That's something you could potentially get a nice response with. I think he charges something like $8-$12 per week for one dog, and its year-round work.

EliteImpressions
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
thanks for the comments guys. I am planing out very small at first and working my way up.

I would be thrilled with 15 accounts starting next year. I would also be glad with only 5 as well. I have to start somewhere. From the bottom theres nowhere to go but up!