PDA

View Full Version : smoking fish

bobbygedd
10-19-2004, 08:27 AM
anyone have a good brine mixture for smoking fish? or how bout a recipe for cooking trout. i been catching some nice rainbows and browns

crawdad
10-19-2004, 09:00 AM
I tried smoking fish, couldn't keep it lit. Got a good buzz, though.
Crawdad

geogunn
10-19-2004, 09:02 AM
nanook gedd--try 3 1/2 cups salt/gal of water. this should be enough salt so that it might not all dissolve.

this will brine four pounds of fish.

curing salt is preferred over table idoized salt.

you may add seasonings--and you may substitute wine for some of the water.

next--get rid of those trash fish and get something worth catching and eating.

GEO

Charles
10-19-2004, 09:08 AM
I like Salt and pepper catfish. Be careful not to over cook them though

bobbygedd
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
trash fish? what is a good fish? you are a fool. i normally don't fish for trout, but we are catching 18-26" rainbows on ultra light set ups. they fight better than 3 fat cops with night sticks!

geogunn
10-19-2004, 10:38 AM
what nanook gedd? no thanks for my response to your briny question? that's OK.

here's another tip, nanook: farm raised trout caught on corn are for sissies.

GEO :laugh:

bobbygedd
10-19-2004, 10:47 AM
farm raised? that's funny. thanks for your brine recipe. any fool knows that farm/hatchery raised trout are stocked, and they are small!! the fish i'm catching are the offspring, and probably 10th generation of these stocked fish. these are wild, big, fat, hook jawed trout. it don't get much better. bass fishing around here sucks, even for a pro like me. so tell me, wise one, what is a good eating fish? jelly filled?

geogunn
10-19-2004, 11:05 AM
nanook gedd--you are killing me with the bigass fish tails (get it? fish tails?)

GEO :waving:

bobbygedd
10-19-2004, 11:16 AM
typical cop. avoid the question. i suspect, at this point, geo has never caught anything besides a slow burgler, a cold, and venerial warts( on his rectal area).

geogunn
10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
......and venerial warts( on his rectal area).

OHH NASTY SOUNDING! is that what I caught when you kissedmyass???

please don't threaten to hurt me, you set yourself up for that one. :laugh: :laugh: you get a double laughey face for being a nice guy.

but nanook gedd......why are you using ultralight tackle to catch those monsters of the deep? you must like using a rod that is the same height you are!

GEO :waving:

Up North
10-19-2004, 11:28 AM
farm raised? that's funny. thanks for your brine recipe. any fool knows that farm/hatchery raised trout are stocked, and they are small!! the fish i'm catching are the offspring, and probably 10th generation of these stocked fish. these are wild, big, fat, hook jawed trout. it don't get much better. bass fishing around here sucks, even for a pro like me. so tell me, wise one, what is a good eating fish? jelly filled?

Bobby, where the heck are you catching trout like that in Jersey? Do they glow? If you're looking for the best eating fish then I'd cast my vote for walleye or jumbo perch.

Bobby, have you ever tried ice fishing? If not, hop in your station wagon and come to MN this winter.

Buck

bobbygedd
10-19-2004, 11:32 AM
now geo that's some funny sh!t. damn near coughed up my beer onto the keyboard. upnorth? ice fishing? i agree that the perch family is the best fresh water eating fish. them, and crappies. but, there are two places i don't go, up in high trees, or on frozen water, it just scares me.