PDA

View Full Version : Bid Format

odg
10-19-2004, 08:36 AM
I bid my first commercial job last week. Went to the property looked around made my guess on what it would cost and sent the bid. I sent a cover letter with my company logo on the front and a second page with the bid. However, the bid only contained a few senteneces and what I would charge weekly. Is this the standard? I think it should a have been a little more professional, but I don't know what it needs to look like. Can anyone set me straight. Or should I buy a bid form from a website?

thanks

Premo Services
10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
It needs to state all the services you intend on doing. And an explanation of what is to be done, the frequency of services and the amount charged.
I do this for residentials and commerecial accounts. Also, I list other services they might want that will bring in more money for my company. Most of the time they see the extra services I list and the explantion of what is done and a place for them to initial, and they do, it is a great upseller of more services they had not thought about.

You will also need a cover letter explaining about your company, motto is customer service,yada yada yada

Premo Services
10-21-2004, 10:07 PM
example

Lawn Maintenance: ABC Lawn Care will maintain the lawn on an as needed basis during the season (April 1st - October 31st). The cost for this service will be: $ per cut. The season is based on 31 cuts, if there are any cuts left from when the lawn did not need cutting in the summer, the unused cuts will be credited and used for the fall cleanups. If there are over 31 cuttings, the extra cuts will be charged at the per cut price.

Price: $ Initials: x______________

Landscape Maintenance: ABC LAwn Care will prune and/or shear all hedges, shrubs, and vines, and removal of weeds from areas, as needed during the growing season. The cost for this service will be $ 35.00 per man hour.

Core Aeration of lawn areas. To be done in fall (Sept.).

Price: $ Initials x____________

Over seeding of lawn areas. If this service is requested, the charge will be for pounds of seed used, and billed when completed.

Spring Cleanup: To be done in March and debris hauled away

Price: $ Initials: x____________

The fall leaf cleanups done in November, and December will be billed separately. The spring and fall cleanups will consist of leaf removal from lawn and bed areas, removal of dead flowers and grasses in landscape, and if needed, trimming of bushes.

I am also offering fertilizer and weed control for lawns and landscape areas. The charges for this can also be added into the plan.

Total Seasonal Price For The Services Outlined Above: $

Payment: Ten (10) equal installments of: $ Per Month

Billing: Client will receive ten monthly invoices. Invoices will be billed to the client on the 1st of each month, beginning March 1st and ending on the December 1st billing.

Payment Terms: Net 14 days. The client agrees to pay the monthly bill in full, by
the fifteenth day of each billed month. A $10.00 late fee will be applied to the next billed invoice if payment is not received. An invoice 15 days past due will be considered delinquent and services may cease until payment is received. Client will be responsible for all fees related to the collection of monies owed ABC Lawn Care.

Terms: All material is guaranteed to be as specified. All work is to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practice. Additional services (not outlined in this agreement) will be considered an extra and billed separately.

Cancellation: Either party may terminate this agreement at any time with a 15 day advance written notice. Cancellation date will be 15 days after such notice is received. In the event of cancellation, the client will be responsible for all costs of services rendered up to the cancellation date. A final invoice will be sent to the client 15 days after notification for balance due.

We propose to furnish the appropriate insurance coverage, material and labor- complete in accordance with the above specifications.

____________________________ ABC Lawn Care

Acceptance: The above prices, specifications and conditions are satisfactory and are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work. Payment will be made as outlined above.

Sign here x___________________________________

odg
10-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Thank you premo, that's exactly what I'm looking for.