PDA

View Full Version : Giant Mow

Brento
05-16-2000, 05:15 PM
I stopped at a Scag dealer and he had another<br>brand, Giant Mow. This is made by Giant Vac.<br>I can get a 48&quot; deck, with a 15 hp Kohler for<br>$2100 brand spanking new. The Scag is about<br>$1000 more. Has anyone used a Giant Mow? Is the cut any good? Is it reliable? It seems hard to beat the price - but sometimes you get what you pay for.<p>Part of the reason I am told it is so much cheaper is that the dealer is about 10 miles from the factory - doesn't get charged shipping.

Bill c
05-16-2000, 08:14 PM
I had the 48 inch giant mow and had no problems except for the carb on the kawasaki motor.The scag is a better mower as far as fit and finish.

thelawnguy
05-16-2000, 09:28 PM
A friend bought a 48 several years ago. Kept it two months before ditching it for a Scag. Said it wasnt balanced right, every time the front casters hit a bump or root, the front end would jump up and stay there-weight seemed to be biased behind the axle-made for lousy cut.<p>Bill

HOMER
05-16-2000, 10:07 PM
If you want the real GIANT MOW, get you a 72&quot; Choppa...........dats da real deal!<p>Homer

Guido
05-27-2000, 09:04 AM
BRENTO - I don't know if I'm too late but, I had 2 Giant Mow's. They are made right by Coventry, CT. I used to live in Wtby. A cousin of mine had some connections at the factory, so I bought a couple demos they used after the BIG &quot;E&quot; . They're leaf loaders and blowers are top shelf, but I didn't like the mowers. Check out the factory though if you do end up buying from them. Save some $ instead of using the dealer!<br><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti