PDA

View Full Version : Any John Deere 320 users out there?

thepawnshop
10-20-2004, 06:34 PM
OK...I have been on the CAT 236B for a few hours and am VERY impressed. Tomorrow I get to demo the John Deere 320 (the old number was the 250 series) and am curious as to actual user opinions regarding that model skid steer. Though I like the CAT A LOT...the Deere is a little over 3k less expensive with comparable if not better stats on paper (I say paper because you can't always believe what you read...as the sales rep correctly identified it as thier "propeganda").

I have one friend who is a die hard 250 user, but I think his opinion is quite biased...no, I know it is. So once again. if any of you could please share both positive and or negative experiences with John Deere 250/320 model skid steers I would greatly appreciate hearing the stories!

Thanks!

thepawnshop
10-26-2004, 10:03 PM
I decided today to go with the JD 320...it will be here the first week in December, but in the meantime, they are giving me a demo machine to hold me over. Can't ask for much more than that! I will let you guys know how it goes but I am very pleased with the decision!

Tigerotor77W
10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Congrats! Be sure to let us know how she does for ya!

Dodgemania
10-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Congrats on the machine hope you get alot of hours out of it.

Tigerotor77W
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, how is the 320 workin' for ya?

zipp669
01-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Please, info on your 320.
I am looking at a 325 or 328 and would like any input possible.

thanks
zipp

thepawnshop
01-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I love the 320...but I haven't been able to use it anywhere near as much as i would like...the ground is staying too wet! I did buy the Mclaren Semi-Pneumatic tires (which I HIGHLY recommend) which has a deeper lug, but still can't get the traction I need in the mud. Looks like tracks are next!

As far as operations, it runs great, lifts like a beast and digs very well. I highly recommend that you get those models out on your site and demo them, as they are much heavier than what I have.

I use the hand controls and love em. I am sure you will find some folks who will bash the Deere, but I think it is an excellent machine!