PDA

View Full Version : Mailing List

B-MAC
10-21-2004, 08:35 PM
:blob3: I am wondering who has purchased mailing lists, and the results you obtained. I would also like to know the company you used? I am thinking of trying this method but I would like some outside opinions.

Thanks
B-MAC

Lawnchoice
10-21-2004, 09:17 PM
I used InfoUsa years ago without much luck at all.

Are you going to be drafting a letter to propsects in targeted areas and sending them out with the list?

B-MAC
10-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes, I am wanting to target my areas.

Thanks
B-Mac

walker-talker
10-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I have used www.postcardwarehouse.com last spring. I think it was $300 for 5000 names....I chose the zip codes, age group, income and property value.

pema
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
One option you may want to consider: WARNING: Requires computer skills and lots of time.......

Check your county auditors website. If it allows you to do a property search, you can get names and addresses by Street. You'll have to hand type them to an Excell Spreedsheet, then merge into a word "Mailing Label" format.

Doing mailings by street name helps to target geographical areas allowing more effecient use of Gas, time etc.

proenterprises
10-27-2004, 07:43 PM
i think in my town you can obtain an address list from the post office, but they may charge you to sort certain catergories such as income, age, prop value, etc.

Team Gopher
10-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi walker-talker,

How did using them work out?

walker-talker
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi walker-talker,

How did using them work out?Not nearly as well as expected. The total cost from design to mailed cost around $2K. It brought in about $1000 in one time jobs. For mowing, I landed 4 accounts which will generate around $4K in revenues. The bad thing about the whole deal is that KS is a people state and prohibits any county records (deeds) for this purpose. The list was generated from the 2000 (I think) census, which was not nearly as accurate since a couple of the zip codes I was targeting towards were newer developments.