PDA

View Full Version : my new rig! finally!

slikrick
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
finally i have it all together! new, new to me, truck.... new trailer and new 36" exmark w/ mulch kit! ive been looking on here for a while now just drooling over everyone elses rigs just waiting for this day to post my own! hope you all like.

slikrick
10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
the trailer ......

slikrick
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
ok, lets try again.....

slikrick
10-22-2004, 02:24 PM

slikrick
10-22-2004, 02:26 PM
''''''''''''''''''''

LawnBoy89
10-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Nice trailier man. I'm looking into getting one? What is the size of that, it's pretty long. Also, does the engine on the truck really rev out more with the big trailier, I'll be pulling mine with the same type of truck, F-150, so that's why I'm wondering.

RedWingsDet
10-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Nice trailier man. I'm looking into getting one? What is the size of that, it's pretty long. Also, does the engine on the truck really rev out more with the big trailier, I'll be pulling mine with the same type of truck, F-150, so that's why I'm wondering.

hey, im sure your f150 will pull it fine. i have a 16x7ft tandem axle with a wb and z and some other stuff on it, and i was pulling it with a 98 DAKOTA, and it was a v6! trust me, it pulled it, but not very well. now i have a 94 f150 and i cant even feel the trailer!

slikrick
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM
thats a 6x12 and the f150 is a v6 standard and i dont even feel it. i feel the bumping but thats it, cant tell its back there. i even did a job where i cut down a 15ft water cactus ( which is heavy as hell ) another 20ft weed tree and hauled both away in the truck and trailer and it pulled that fine. its a strong truck. the true test will be the transmission over time!

LawnBoy89
10-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Nice. I'm happy to hear that it pulls it fine. Me and my family are going (probably driving) down to florida in the spring so that is why I was wondering how much a trailer would be down there, I hear they are alot cheaper. I don't know whether I should get one now up here or wait to go get one down there. But thanks for the help. And that is sweet that you can pull that 7X16 trailier with a dakota.

Eric 1
10-23-2004, 09:06 PM
And that is sweet that you can pull that 7X16 trailier with a dakota.

But not necessarily safe, or smart.

fishinman22487
10-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Very Nice!!! You will love your Exmark. I have a Exmark Viking 36". Is that a Metro? Good luck!!

slikrick
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Nice. I'm happy to hear that it pulls it fine. Me and my family are going (probably driving) down to florida in the spring so that is why I was wondering how much a trailer would be down there, I hear they are alot cheaper. I don't know whether I should get one now up here or wait to go get one down there. But thanks for the help. And that is sweet that you can pull that 7X16 trailier with a dakota.

where in florida are you heading? are you moving down here?

slikrick
11-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Very Nice!!! You will love your Exmark. I have a Exmark Viking 36". Is that a Metro? Good luck!!

yeah thats a metro.... wish i could of afforded the viking though! thats a sweet one. maybe next year i can get me a riding one! got the metro to fit through gates

RedWingsDet
11-04-2004, 06:21 PM
And that is sweet that you can pull that 7X16 trailier with a dakota.
Yeah, but im sure it was beating the truck up.

But not necessarily safe, or smart.
Very true, it was difficult to stop. But hey, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, I didnt have the funds to buy a truck when i first started. But now with my f150 v8, its much better!

Here is the truck though, I dont use her for work anymore, I use the ford for work now, and the v6 for leisure and whatnot. Here is a pic of the Dakota

LawnBoy89
11-04-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm going to be in Orlando for a week in April. LCO that I know says I should get one from Florida because they are cheaper.

By the way, sweet looking Dakota.

slikrick
11-04-2004, 07:52 PM
dont know how much they cost where your from but here in st pete they are about 1500 but i found one in new port richey for just under 1100. it was worth the drive for me.

slikrick
11-04-2004, 07:54 PM
by the way, thats about and hour and half west of orlando so if you cant find anything close to that price in orlando let me know and ill hook you up w/ the place i bought mine from

jimslawns
11-04-2004, 09:16 PM
If your trailer had good brakes, and your dakota is well maintained with an adequate class 3 hitch. You'd be fine.

RedWingsDet
11-04-2004, 09:22 PM
If your trailer had good brakes, and your dakota is well maintained with an adequate class 3 hitch. You'd be fine.

trailer has brakes, but i didnt use them, i just used the 4pin wireing harness, so thats why it took longer to stop... plus it made me sag ALOT with the dixie, exmark, and other stuff on it, plus the grass in my bed. but i did have a class 3 hitch on it, and i did normal maintence and use amsoil.

but it doesnt matter anymore because i dont use the dakota for working anymore, thats what the ford is for :) dakota is for personal purposes such as school, leisure, dates and whatnot.

ford is used strictly for work, and nothing other than work.