PDA

View Full Version : Team Gopher

Green Dreams
10-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Greetings....I just wanna say "Thanks" agian for the template that I used on my website. I have gotten several compliments, the latest one today from someone who called to ask some questions. Unfortunately he was out of my service area, but the first thing he said was he liked the website...alot.

So, Thanks Again!

Andrew Leeper
www.TexasGreenDreams.com

Team Gopher
10-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Green Dreams,

You are very welcome. I am glad to hear it helped out.

If anyone else is interested, remember you can download our web templates for free (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=898) and use them for your business. They are a great way to get started!

Dman1214
10-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Green Dreams, If you weren't already aware, the photo on your home page is probably the most heavily used image in the industry, in fact CL/TG uses it in alot of their advertising. It does nothing to set you apart - not being critical, just informative. Dman

walker-talker
10-28-2004, 09:23 AM
Looks good...I am using the same template as you. You might consider taking off those "sample photos" though and use your own. I thank you also Gopher.

turfsurfer
10-31-2004, 10:14 PM
While I agree with you guys on the sample photos, here is the problem, I go to one of my lawns that looks great and take a picture. The picture never even comes close to having the color saturation and hues that these professionally done photos do. Unless I'm going to pay a pro to take pictures of my yards and make them look like my eye sees them, the alternative is one of these sample photos.

rookiemower
11-01-2004, 11:34 AM
i didnt think anyone could stripe like that with southern grasses :dizzy:

Green Dreams
11-01-2004, 01:47 PM
LOL...being in the business, we notice things like that right off. My webmaster said he had no clue that those weren't from around here. And like he said... no one else will either. If someone asked and they have, I fess right up that they are not mine.

I have tried to take pics to replace them. And like turfsurfer said..they suck.

Heres some real ones...

Team Gopher
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi Green Dreams,

The photos you posted do look good.

wojo23323
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Your pics look good, but I would only have your truck in 1 or 2 pics. Let your quality of work show fully in your pics.

tonygreek
11-02-2004, 07:14 PM
i agree that you could do something with your own pics. pics 13, 22, and 23, if you'd get a bit closer in (crop the master image before shrinking it) and lose the truck, would look nice. you can mess with the color/brightness/hues/contrast in most image editing software, so give it a shot.

oh, and the truck is not a bad thing, it's just it doesn't pop in the pictures. when you compress your images, the first thing to go is any text featured in it, so that kind of kills the truck quality.

just remember to take as high a resolution pic as you can with your camera, then edit it, and then shrink it down to the size needed. many make the mistake of shrinking, then trying to work with the pic.

tony

A Leaf Above
11-03-2004, 10:51 AM
This is just an example of what TonyGreek is talkin about ...

Just add a lil contrast , saturation and density ....