PDA

View Full Version : logo thoughts...

Carolina Cuts
10-22-2004, 07:03 PM
was extremely bored today and played around with some logo ideas...any opinions??? just curious... thanks.

Green Dreams
10-22-2004, 08:44 PM
the stripes show you mow...

Lawnchoice
10-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Take #1 and add the stripes.

Pretty good artwork you have there.

What sw did you use to create those?

LawnsRUsInc.
10-22-2004, 09:39 PM
We had our logo right reserved thats one thing i would do if you come up with a great logo. I had mine designed for simplicity think of all the large companys, HP, GE, chevy bowtie, the little bic guy etc... Other than that real good job on you logo. Remember people remember logos before names or #'s

Carolina Cuts
10-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys... Unfortunately, I STILL can't decide :dizzy:

I took some night courses awhile back for graphic design... Of course getting ideas elsewhere always helps out.... hence, the lawn striping. Saw some others with that "look" and figured I'd try it. I was using Illustrator 9 to design them... for some reason they print better on paper as well, when I design from Illustrator 9. Was thinkin' of addin' the stripes to #1, but thought it may be too cluttered. Feel like I'm makin' a big deal of this and it doesn't have to be. :dizzy: In fact, all this work I'm puttin' into the logo, maybe I should see if it's even registered already? :)

tonygreek
10-22-2004, 11:55 PM
i like aspects of 1 & 3. agree that it may get too cluttered to combine the 2 features. the only problem i see with 3 is that the yellow (sun?) is too much empty space and the lighting effect you used on it could be a wild card when it comes to signage. howabout better defining of the sun by adding some points to the sun, ala sun rays? that would add more visual interest and make better use of the space.

Tony

GarPA
10-23-2004, 06:46 AM
I like #2. Honestly I did not even notice the stripes on #3 until the guys above mentioned it. I doubt people will also not notice the stripes when the logo is on a truck. All 3 look very nice. As you know, dont make it too complicated else it will bite you down the road when you have to produce biz cards, signs etc. I think THE most important issue with a logo is, IS IT MEMORABLE?...and yours are...good job

walker-talker
10-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Hands down....I like #1 better....as is.

Carolina Cuts
10-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Lotta' positive feedback... thanks. Think I'm gonna sell my lawn equipment.. and get into logo/printing design. :drinkup:

walker-talker
10-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Lotta' positive feedback... thanks. Think I'm gonna sell my lawn equipment.. and get into logo/printing design. :drinkup:
I didnt say it was that good....lol

FERT-TEK
10-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I too like #1 with the stripes of #3 in it. It reminds me of my own which I am partial to. I have several versions of my logo (avitar) that I use for various things.

LLCO
10-23-2004, 11:38 PM
I think they look great!

My personal favorite is #2 with stripes added.

Have you taken a look at these in black and white or 2 color in situations where you may be looking for cost savings in printing?

The font in #1 looks pretty small and could be challenging to read for our elder prospective customers.

Mile High
10-24-2004, 12:54 AM
The first one is good, but you may want to change the script font to another so it's easier to see. The red color in #2 will cost you money when it comes time to print. Please ask your printer, sign maker, label maker, newpaper ad copyrighter, ect. about these choices; they have a lot of insight and experience. Stick with a 2 color logo that can be seen easily on your trucks from a distance. Our logo'd trucks are our best form of advertising.

syzer
10-24-2004, 08:59 PM
#1!.......

promower
10-27-2004, 02:50 PM
I think I like #2, and like LLCO said add the stripes. The red color jumps out and makes the logo more noticeable. Think about how it will look on your truck and take the color of your truck into consideration. Nice design

MMLawn
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Actually I have a computer program I bought sometime back that has this exact same design in it's "stock" of thousands of logos and all you do is insert name.

Carolina Cuts
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
well then that would take all the fun out of creating your very own.

oneandonlyjojo
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Actually I have a computer program I bought sometime back that has this exact same design in it's "stock" of thousands of logos and all you do is insert name.

and wats that program called

Team Gopher
10-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Hi Carolina Cuts,

You are very talented! I like your logo #1.