PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Imager
10-23-2004, 03:58 AM
Whats your thoughts on billboard advertising.

walker-talker
10-23-2004, 07:02 AM
I have personally never tried it, but I have spoke with professionals in the marketing industry. It can work for you, depending on demographics. It's used more of a media to get you name "out there" rather than bringing in direct business. When used, should be an effective tool for your long term marketing goals.

LLCO
10-23-2004, 11:47 PM
We currently use billboards in my day job as part of our marketing plan. My experience with billboard is that it is great for awareness but it will not drive impulse sales. It is not often that people pick up the phone and call when they pass the board.

Where I think that billboards can be very effective is if you have a catchy phone number, web site, or slogan (Got Milk?) that people will remember when they are ready to buy.. When they see the flyer or pickup the yellow pages, the billboard will re-inforce the awareness (ahh.. i saw them before). Billboards cam be really effective if you can fine one in the area that you are going to pummel with flyers next month..

Stuttering Stan
10-24-2004, 10:04 PM
I assume it is very big bucks to put your name on a large space. Personally I read the billboards but forget about it 30 seconds later

walker-talker
10-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Personally I read the billboards but forget about it 30 seconds later
This may be true, but odds are when you see the ad or slogan somewhere else, you may think to yourself "yea...I remember seeing their billboard".

pfifla1
10-25-2004, 12:03 PM
billboards around here cost about 8k for 6 months of ads. its alot of $$ for me, but from what i have heard from some people it has worked for them in the past.

Team Gopher
10-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi Imager,

Here is an older post that may give you more insight.

billboard (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=65548)