PDA

View Full Version : Credit Cards

drsogr
10-24-2004, 06:11 PM
I am looking at some credit card options. I have 1 customer that needs to use a credit card this year, and I am wanting to get something set up for next year. So that I can offer it.

I plan on just using paypal for this year. Does anyone know of a good service to use? I like the way paypal works since you can send an invoice to a non-paypal user. They charge you 2.9% + 0.30 cents a transaction. The only thing I don's like is that you can not charge them on the spot. I do a lot of sod installs and landscaping so charging them on the spot is not much of a concern, but it would be more professional and less of a hassle for the customer.

Thanks,
Derek Ringer

eruuska
10-24-2004, 06:32 PM
If you only have 1 customer who needs to pay with a cc, then try www.propay.com (http://www.propay.com). It's easy to set up, there's no equipment necessary. You just go to the site, and after you're registered and approved and everything, you can just enter your customer's cc info, and it'll process the card. Then you can deposit the money into your checking account.

If this is going to be a recurring thing with the customer, simply draw up a statement whereby they authorize you to charge your services to their card and have them sign it. Make sure they understand that you will guard their card info with your life. Keep it on file, charge it when you generate an invoice for the customer.

At least that's what I'd do. YMMV.

Eric

Lawnworks
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
How much does the visa setup cost? It seems like if you advertise it that you could potentially get more jobs the customer cannot afford!!

drsogr
10-24-2004, 11:24 PM
This will be a recurring thing, but not with a certain customer. I do hardly any maintenance, I do mostly sod installs and landscaping. So most of my customers can not afford to drop the amount I charge in cash. I am just looking for something that I can use, that will look professional, and that the customer won't question for next year. My customers quite a bit of money with me and I want them trusting in me.

drsogr
10-24-2004, 11:29 PM
The thing I didn't like about propay is the 3.5% and the yearly fees. I was looking at using paypal which charges between 1.9 and 2.9% and they give you back 1.5% of it everytime you spend the balance on their debit/credit card, which they give to you for free. The only thing I don't like about that is that the customer has to get online or go to my future website and enter their info. They do not have to be a paypal user though.

impactlandscaping
10-25-2004, 07:30 AM
www.lgda.com

They are in the green biz for all of us.Best rates, no minimums, and you can get set up for less than $150.00...go check it out.

PROCUT1
10-25-2004, 11:33 AM
QUICKBOOKS QUICKBOOKS QUICKBOOKS

IVE replied to a lot of ccard threads. Spent a lot of time on research. Quickbooks offers the best deal hands down. No machine rentals and rather low fees. easy approval process too.

JustMowIt
10-25-2004, 11:41 AM
IVE replied to a lot of ccard threads. Spent a lot of time on research. Quickbooks offers the best deal hands down. No machine rentals and rather low fees. easy approval process too.

I agree with you 100%, however if he only has 1 customer, I think our monthly fee is $17.95.
MJ

Lawnworks
10-25-2004, 09:12 PM
For 17.95 what do you get? Do you have to buy the machine? What is the percentage they take per transaction?

drsogr
10-25-2004, 10:17 PM
I would be curious what the percentages are as well.

pfifla1
10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
i use national bank card systems and do automatic creditcard billing with 80% of my customers.