PDA

View Full Version : Just lawns????

Pro-Care Lawn
10-24-2004, 08:39 PM
GREAT SITE!!!!!!! Here is a question I have....(done searching but haven't found a DIRECT answer).....I live in the NORTH EAST and was wondering if anyone makes enough income to continue thru the winter without working????

I'm considering getting a vehicle to do some snow plowing.....but hate to rely on mother nature for income! We all know grass grows thru-out the season and we WILL have a lawn to cut next week, but what if there is NO SNOW in the winter???

I see some members do X-MAS light installs to fill in some dead time, but what about from mid December thru March??? That's 3 months of no income if it doesn't snow!!!!

Thanks!!!

By the way...I'm a solo operator, married, mortgage, 3 kids and a dog!

gogetter
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm considering getting a vehicle to do some snow plowing.....but hate to rely on mother nature for income! We all know grass grows thru-out the season and we WILL have a lawn to cut next week, but what if there is NO SNOW in the winter???

You'll find that some plow guys only take accounts that will agree to a contract. One price for the winter, same amount whether it snows or not. Kinda like insurance.
Would probably have better luck getting commercials to go for that then residentials.
By the way, if you haven't already discovered it, check out www.plowsite.com

You can also do searches here for other sources of "winter income".

HOOLIE
10-25-2004, 01:35 AM
I don't do snow because its very iffy and unpredictable down here. Last winter I had some delivery jobs (using my truck and gas). Decent supplemental income, and I wasn't stuck working in a store or something like that.