PDA

View Full Version : Criticize my proposal!!

Lawnworks
10-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Well here is a proposal I turned in to an apartment complex. How can I be more specific? I usually fax these things to the mangers. Should I include a page describing my company? Any ways to spruce it up? I want it to be as professional as a Brickman proposal.

jajwrigh
10-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Here are some suggestions:

Include an intro paragraph of intent to the client as to why they should choose your company.

Add a clause about incurred late fees that is extremely specific.

Make it clear that anything else that is to be done will require an additional service agreement to ensure that you get paid.

Use traditional/simple fonts and make the hard copy professional and very presentable.

Let us know how it all turns out!

HOOLIE
10-25-2004, 12:32 AM
I agree with jajwrigh's comments. One other thing though, I would deliver the proposal personally to the manager rather than fax it. (Unless they ask you to fax it) Just a little more personal touch that could separate you from the competition.

pfifla1
10-25-2004, 01:15 AM
when i do proposals, i use adobe illustrator, i designed a template for my company which looks very professional. also, i like to add in the designated day of the week and time frame services will be completed, this is an issue for some places like country clubs, banks and doctors offices. Also i usually include my licenceing and insurance documents as verification.

i put your file into one of my temps check it out. best of luck

BCSteel
10-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Whooo Wheee, hows about that for jazzing it up.

pfifla1
10-25-2004, 01:30 AM
sorry i realized i messed up the text blocks

Lawnworks
10-25-2004, 07:22 AM
Wow pfifla1 that looks incredible!! How much is adobe illustrator? Available at Staples? Looks like you have got a quick diesel too?

Thanks for all the insight guys... keep it coming!

pfifla1
10-25-2004, 07:40 AM
its 1500$, i could give you a copy of it though if you wanted it. yeah just waiting on my new injectors and slicks to get me into the low 13s.

tonygreek
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Unless you have a high-tolerance for a steep learning curve, you could do the same as Pfif using a much cheaper Microsoft Publisher ($100 bucks or so), or Art Explosion Publisher Pro (also around $100), which also are very simple to use. Using Illustrator to do that is akin to hunting squirrel with a howitzer.

And nice job, Pfif. I do something very similar, although I tend to use PageMaker - speaking of hunting with a howitzer - but use it for all of our publications.

Oh, and the licensing guys are everywhere. you might want to restrict those kinds of "offers" to PM.

Tony

pfifla1
10-25-2004, 11:26 AM
i found publisher to be the most user friendly program i have used in a while, word makes it so difficult to do the layouts, this program is easy which turns everything into static objects that can be placed anywhere.

lawn
10-26-2004, 10:17 AM
its 1500$, i could give you a copy of it though if you wanted it. yeah just waiting on my new injectors and slicks to get me into the low 13s.
Can I have a copy? thanks

Team Gopher
10-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi pfifla1,

That looks very nice!