PDA

View Full Version : Canada & USA team up

Eric ELM
05-26-2000, 09:13 PM
Adam, from AB Lawn Care posted about making a blade balancer with ball bearings in a previous post. I added a 1.5" washer and found a good place for it if you have a RBG grinder. It works great and is at the bottom of this picture. I also added a 4" by 1.5" channel iron to make the table bigger for making it easier to keep the blades flat on the table. I mounted the balancer to it with a 1/4" bolt, the 2 bearings, 1.5" washer, 1/4" nut, then the bolt through the channel iron, a lock washer, and then another 1/4" nut. This is my first attempt at posting a picture; so donít laugh if itís all screwed up.
http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/grinder.jpg

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-10-2001 at 12:39 PM]

AB Lawn Care
05-26-2000, 10:02 PM
Hey ERIC!Im glad to see you made it and like it!Like everyone else on this fourm I try to help out everyone in anyway I can!I have been helped out alot by others on this fourm and am glad to see my idea is working for you!You even improved my idea by mounting it by the base of the grinder!I hope you injoy my balencer idea!See ya later ERIC!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

Eric ELM
05-27-2000, 12:09 AM
I thought I would post a picture so guys could see how it looks. I found out that 2 of 3 new blades were not balanced exactly. They seem ok when hanging on a nail, but after putting them on this, you find out the nail isn't to accurate. So in other words, balance all your new blades, because they may not be balanced.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-05-2000 at 08:25 PM]

Eric ELM
08-05-2000, 04:34 PM
I thought I would bring up an old post on a good idea by Adam from Canada. It is the best balancer I've ever used and thought all you newer members that hadn't seen this might enjoy learning how to make a good balancer. If you have a RBG grinder, the picture shows a handy spot to put it. If any of you members that have been here at Lawnsite for a while have a favorite post that you think would benifit new members, please go post on it and bring it up again. The new search feature of this software is great. :) It will look for a certain word in the Subject line or the entire Message, so it is a lot easier to find old posts now. Just put in the Keyword you want to look for.