PDA

View Full Version : what size?

LHSlawnman86
10-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey everybody, my name is mike and i have been in the business for about two years but have somehow managed to make some descent money in my neighborhood and others in walking distance. A friend and i both have walk behinds, a 44 and 48 inch, my question is how big of a trailer should we get. it just has to be big enough to get those two things on and nothing else.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishin LCO
10-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Put one infront of the other, measure, add 2-4 feet(you will always need a little more room)= length

gogetter
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
it just has to be big enough to get those two things on and nothing else.

LOL! You WILL regret the day you said those words!LOL!

Seriously, you can get away with a 5'x10' (and it's narrow enough to back into a garage if you wanted to). BUT, I guarantee that there will be days when you wish you had a larger trailer.

LHSlawnman86
10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
well there will be some days where i only have to have one mower so i think that will work

PLM-1
10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
you should get the biggest trailer you can. I started with a 5x10. I put 1 48" in there. Not much room for anything else. After a couple of years i jumped to a 7x18. I don't regret it.

RedWingsDet
10-26-2004, 01:27 PM
get what you can afford, get the biggest you can afford. trust me, i had a 5x10, i outgrew that in 4 weeks, now i have a 16 footer and i wish it was bigger. thats why im selling mine so i can get a 20ft enclosed next year. now i just wish i had a f250 or 350 (but that day wont come for a long time but who knows)

basically get bigger the better, you will not regret getting bigger, you will regret getting smaller, and when you think its big enough, usually ITS NOT!

how ever i did manage to fit my 36 sideways at the nose, the 48 behind it and a 21 behind that, damn it was suchhh a tight fit, oh ya, it had trimmer racks on it too... dang those were the days (kinda miss em (not as many bills then) and to think that was only in april of 04 LOL)

but however, good luck, and stay in the biz.