PDA

View Full Version : how to and what

travis strecker
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I am looking to buy a skidsteer in a year or to and wondering how to get work for it to do landcaping with it or rough grades and i was wondering if any of yall know how to get work with a skidsteer? And another ? is to buy a track t300 or a s300 or a a300 i like bobcat over cat and all them and now i was wondering which track tire or aws and how to get work for one

Tigerotor77W
10-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh, dear... I would type you a rather long reply, but I would suggest looking in the numerous skid-steer threads that have been started already.

I wouldn't recommend a track machine unless you a) work in a muddy area FREQUENTLY; or b) work on slopes all the time.

A300 -- if you're working on turf or want to save tire life, this is for you. General contractors *probably* won't notice too much of a performance difference over a S300 (though the additional weight will help you bite down a little more and inching will allow better torque control).

First try looking through the forum. If you any specific questions, feel free to ask. There are a bunch of people here with different experience to help you out. Good luck!

Dodgemania
10-26-2004, 10:11 AM
I haven't done any Landscape work with my loader yet. I do all my work doing finish and rough grades and general dirt moving. Best way I've seen to get buisness is by making yard signs and putting them at busy intersections where alot of construction is going on. Classifieds in the newspaper work during peak time. Yellow page ads work. I just had my first yellow page ad come out and I'm starting to see signs that it's working. I would go against a track machine unless you just have to have it. The tracks are expensive to replace. Hope that helpls a little.

travis strecker
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
do u get work for the county and how do u get finsh grading and rough grading contracts

AL Inc
10-26-2004, 10:57 PM
I had good luck just advertising to my present clients. I started my business doing lawn maintenance and have branched out over the years into landscape construction. Many of my clients didn't know I did that type of work or even owned a machine. I just included a simple letter letting them know we were offering machine services such as land clearing, grading, etc. I was surprised at how many calls I got. I was even able to line up some work for January, when we are usually slow.