PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa Power ???

Hardy Enterprises
05-18-2000, 01:41 AM
One of my dealers here in town has just started carry Shindaiwa. I am currently running Redmax 2600's and have had no problems with them. However, since this dealers has begun carry them and I have heard so many good things about them on this forum I was seriously considering giving them a try. I have an industrial park that I cut that has about 6 miles right of way. All power poles, fire hydrants and etc have to be trimmed. I was getting ready to trim today and my dealer told me to come by and get a T260 to see how I liked it. The shindaiwa rep had told my dealer that a T230 had the same amount of power has my 2600's which I had a hard time believing but I did figure the T260 would be as strong or stronger than my 2600's. Well after about 30 minutes of bogging in 2 weeks growth grass I carried it back to the trailer and got a REAL trimmer. I was highly disappointed in the power of the Shindaiwa, I would have never finished at the rate I was going with it. Have any of you that run Shindaiwa ever ran Redmax? Did I demo a lemon or do ya'll just not know what real power is?<p>Jay

Grasshopper
05-18-2000, 02:54 AM
i had a T260 for a while and the power was pretty good. I have never used a Redmax, since nobody down here sells them. I have never even seen a Redmax. I'm currently using Echo SRM-2601s. These trimmers have plenty of power. You should give them a try. But I don't know how they compare to the Redmax your using since I've never used one.

jrblawncare
05-18-2000, 06:16 AM
Jay,I got a T-260 this spring I love mine,I put a weed blade on it for clearing around a pond catails and high grass did a great job lots of power...somthing must have been wrong with your demo...bad mix...carb adjustment??<p>----------<br>John <br>

jlboots
05-20-2000, 12:23 AM
I've been using a t230 for a couple of years and before that a T20 (i think). The first one lasted five years of heavy use and abuse and the T230 vuts through everything I put in front of it. What kind of string were you using? Maybe that is the problem.

HOMER
05-20-2000, 12:34 AM
Sounds like my Tanaka trimmer..........as long as its short grass, maybe a weeks worth it does fine, get any longer and it ain't wurf a crap! I'll stick to my Stihls, plenty of POWER!<p>Homer

southside
05-20-2000, 01:59 AM
You want real power get a Stihl.They will<br>pull the arse out of Shindaiwa gear.<p>Karl<br>

Acute Cut
05-20-2000, 02:26 AM
Homer:<br>I cant believe my eyes. You dont like your tanaka? I have the 3300 and LOVE mine. The 7mm shaft in the middle really cuts down on boggin. I used to use an echo (another great machine but not as powerful in my opinion) and loved it too. But in the end the tanaka has my vote. I have only had to take it in twice in 3 years. Once for a loose baffle and once for a stupid mistake i made. I never hear anyone else on here using tanaka. If yall do want to try them, then dont go in and ask for a &quot;suitable&quot; machine. Get one that you will NEVER have to worry about power with. I use about 20&quot; of string on mine and it cuts fine. (Regular grass, not long or wet) I also use the metal blades on it and have taken out 2-3&quot; trees in one or two strokes. Try em all. Ya might like them.<br>Have a good one yall.

HOMER
05-20-2000, 05:36 AM
I think mine is a 21 series something??????? It has the &quot;BRAIN&quot; head on it and it aint wurf a crap either, it's brain is stupider than me, I think it had to go to special school or sumpin. It kicks out more line at the worst possible times and thenm bogs down cause it kicked it out!!!!!!!!!! Stupid brain head...........I know when I need more string, don't need a brain to tell me!<p>Homer

Dave
05-20-2000, 07:09 AM
southside ill compare any shindaiwa to any sthill size for size anyday as long as your cable drive shaft doesn,t break,and yes tanaka is a good piece of equip

Dave
05-20-2000, 07:14 AM
southside ill compare any shindaiwa to any sthill size for size anyday as long as your cable drive shaft doesn,t break,and yes tanaka is a good piece of equip,Hardy what hp and cc does the redmax 2600 have ,iknow they are heavier than the shindaiwa love to compare

Hardy Enterprises
05-22-2000, 09:48 AM
The Redmax 2600 has a 25.4 cc engine and weighs 11.44 lbs. Compared to Shindaiwa T260 which has a 24.1 cc engine and weighs 11.8 lbs. As far as Stihl goes I know a lot of people the used to run stihl until they tried Redmax. I have not found anything that can run with Redmax.<p>Jay

southside
05-23-2000, 05:48 AM
Don't be fooled by cc's. The reason Stihl <br>can run smaller motors is their motors are<br>much more efficient than the 30 year old <br>designs that other makers put out.My 7 year<br>old FS 106 Stihl out performs my friends'<br>48 cc Tanaka.FS 106 has 32cc. Tanaka,Echo,<br>Shindaiwa,ect. have their motors tuned to <br>run at 8000 rpm.The Stihls are factory set<br>at 10500 rpm.I've leaned most of our Stihls<br>out to 11500 rpm,and they run great.I can<br>cut jobs with 5 years growth on it with no<br>effort.<p>Karl<br>

Likestomow
05-25-2000, 09:14 PM
I vote for the Echo SRM 2601. I've had a Red Max, and it does have good power, but the Echo matches the power and weighs less. Plus it cuts nicely at very low RPM's, which means less mess on my legs and shoes &lt;G&gt;.

Dave
05-25-2000, 09:53 PM
had my bobcat salesman here yesterday with his redmax brochures.all say how many cc's they have but not the hp ,ask him why and he would not tell me,all shindaiwa tells you how much hp they have,and at what rpm,humm is redmax hiding something?? had a customer bring in a srm2400 echo broke the front of the clutch off because he put a blade on it<br>im surprised it did not break the flex cable<br>thats good quality another home depot special

Hardy Enterprises
05-26-2000, 12:13 AM
The saga continues<p>After carrying the T260 back and telling my dealer it didn't have as much power as my Redmax they called the rep. Well the rep showed up Tuesday morning because he just couldn't believe it. I demoed everything he had in his truck. I still felt like the T260 was weak but I did like the T270. I bought a T270 before I left tuesday because I knew I had a big job to do yesterday and would need the extra power T270 over my 2600's. After about 4 hours of fighting the 270 I finally went back to the truck I got a 2600 so I could get finished before dark. I took the 2600 to the same place that the 270 was bogging and proceed to lay the grass down with no problem. I took it back to the dealer today and told them to fix because it didn't run like the one I demoed. They left word on my machine this afternoon that is was fixed so I guess will try it again tommorrow.<p>Jay

jlboots
05-26-2000, 01:57 AM
I still can't believe anyone is having problems with Shindiawa. I throw on a tornado blade and literaly cut down trees.<br>You might try adjusting the string length. I have found when they come new that the lenght setup on the string is to short. I usually remove the shield to get longer string which cuts much better than shorter length. I think you can adjust shield for longer string length also.

Guido
05-26-2000, 05:35 AM
Oh Yeah.......Well My McChulloch Eager Beaver curved shaft will......it'll.......it'll well I guess I was wrong.<p>Just messin with you guys......your working too hard...I thought you'd need a laugh!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

Dave
05-26-2000, 09:23 PM
I really think hardy enterprises is gettin a commision from redmax,from all the forums i have read he is the only one that complains about shindaiwa power,he should try the c450 with 2.5 cu.in.2.3hp@7500rpms 41.4cc,and see if that compares with his 2600 redmax or will that boog down to

Eric ELM
05-26-2000, 10:06 PM
We have owned Echo and Redmax. The Redmax had a short stay though. It could have been a lemon like you must have gotten Hardy. It was gutless. We took it back after one day and we bought 2 T27 Shindaiwa's and they had great power, but they got ripped off a couple years ago. We replaced them with T270's and they seem to be as good as the T27's. I do like the Redmax 62cc back pack blower.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

bdemir
05-26-2000, 10:06 PM
SHINDAIWA THE BEST NOTHING ELSE WILL BEAT IT HANDS DOWN!!!!