PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on renewing a contract

scott in the soo
10-27-2004, 03:47 PM
i have this awesome commercial account that pays well with very straightforward work.. i have had the account for three years now,, the problem is that each year they forget to call and it is always me having to chase them down, getting stressed and worrying if they have found someone else. by the time i get the o.k it is usually the start of june and the grass is usually a foot high...

i thought of sending them a letter after the final cut this year stating that cutting will resume in may of 2005 unless otherwise told. is this a good way to go about it or is there something else i should be doing to secure the business before next spring..

keep in mind that the business is a tube mill who probably don't even know they have grass. i'm sure they other things to worry about..

help..

WigginsLandscaping
10-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Yes. I would start there. I would even try to get them on contract if possible so that the money keeps rolling in. I truly believe that they would rather not be bothered with it personally. Put them in like a 3 yr agreement so that neither has to be concerned about it.

Mo Green
10-27-2004, 07:49 PM
How about an adendum to their contract that renews the contract automatically every year unless they notify you in writing at least 60 days before it is set to renew.

walker-talker
10-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Mo Green has a great suggestion. I dont do contracts, but this year I am going to send a letter at the end of the season telling them I am going to renew their services, unless otherwise told.

kickin sum grass
10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I would do that but then bout a month before start up make sure to send a friendly reminder just in case something happens like a new peson is put in charge of hiring grounds maintenance. This way you just don't show up after the long winter break and find you are no longer needed because of something stupid.