PDA

View Full Version : Buying at Gie

jsaunders
10-27-2004, 06:20 PM
If you buy equipment- a Z/ wb, etc.... Do you take it home or does it get shipped to your closest dealer for you to pick up? Is it actually the product that is at the convention or do they send another one in a crate to the dealer/you? Could you tell me how it works? Should I come down with the trailer in tow? Thaks Joel

bushtrimmer
10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
They will generally sell their demos after the show at a discount so they don't need to ship it back, but they don't bring extra mowers etc to sell. Expect to take it at the end of the show and hang around afterward, sometimes it can take a while to get the equipment out of the building.
If you are in the market for items manufacturers have there, sometimes you can get real good discounts there.

rodfather
10-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Joel, I wouldn't waste my time hauling my trailer from NH to NC. I have never heard of someone (the manufacturer or even the distributor) selling something major right off the trade show floor. I could be wrong, but that is my take. The manufacturers there are to promote their products and answer your questions. I know if I was a dealer and you bought something off the show floor cutting me out of my piece of the pie I would not be a happy camper. Distributors value their dealers...w/o them, they have no one to sell for them. All distributors basically do is move the product from the manufacturer to the dealer...they handle paper but sell nothing to the end user.

BTW, any equipment you see will probably be from the nearest local dealer or the manufacturer's closest distributor.

jsaunders
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure I'm even going to drive down- it is a long drive from NH. I thought they did have special sales and prices on everything which would be delivered later. Maybe it was another show that was featured in Turf or acouple of the other mags.
So is it really worth it for me to travel down to NC from NH? Thanks Joel

Rod father- I know you get pretty good prices on Ferris products and I was wondering what a good price on the is3000zx 61'' with the 27 kohler? Maybe I'll just have to come down to CT to pick one up. Joel

rodfather
10-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey Joel, keep your money and come to the Meadowlands in NJ (just outside of NYC) for the show in Feb. It's real big...and a helluva lot closer too btw ...sorry I can't say anything about what I pay for mowers with Ferris on LS and as a sponsor.

Come down in Feb and dinner is on me :)

Lawn-Scapes
10-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey Rod.. I'd like come to the show in Feb. Do you know the date yet? Make sure you remind us as it gets closer.

rodfather
10-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey Rod.. I'd like come to the show in Feb. Do you know the date yet? Make sure you remind us as it gets closer.

No problemo...does that mean I am buying dinner for 3...LOL

Lawn-Scapes
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
No.. you don't have to buy me dinner. Unless you insist :D

jsaunders
10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks Rod- I went to mappoint, drive time 14 hrs, 865 miles - Now the f350 does ride nice but not for that long :D Could you PM me a price? I would like to just find out what a fair price is. They're just giving me the price out of the book. The show in Feb. sounds great. I just noticed that you are in Clinton NJ, after talking to you for 2 years on this site, I finally put it together that my aunt and uncle also live in clinton nj, we usually go down there every summer for a week in Aug. I'll keep that show in mind and we can get together. Thanks Joel