PDA

View Full Version : Eric Elm's pic's on Dixie Choppers web site.

Eric 1
10-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Check it out, aren't some of these from Eric Elms site.

http://www.dixiechopper.info/striped_yards_.php

proenterprises
10-27-2004, 09:13 PM
wow, those are nice stripes.

imograss
10-27-2004, 09:20 PM
I would bet the proper steps were taken in order to use those pics.

Green Care
10-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Yes looks like it to me almost sure DIXIE are welcome too them!

Envy Lawn Service
10-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Positive ID... and yes I am sure they have permission to use them...

Scraper
10-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Check it out, aren't some of these from Eric Elms site.

http://www.dixiechopper.info/striped_yards_.php

Duh........

65hoss
10-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Apparently many of you don't know that is the forum that Eric ELM started and was running when he died. So yes, they have permission. Eric's wife still owns the site, and DC hosts it on their server.

Eric 1
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Jeez, chill people, I did not say they were steeling them,I know they would never do that, I just saw them and noticed they seemed to be Erics pics.

I did know Eric started their forum, these were not in there forum, a link from the home page.

Sorry, now smooth the feathers back.

Runner
10-28-2004, 12:30 AM
It's kind of a shame. These few pics that they have REALLY don't do the real ones justice. The ones that HE posted really make you appreciate them. What's better than that, is that I still have the high defintion pics of all his yards that he sent me before they were trademarked with the logo.
One thing you have to understand, is if you could see all the threads referring to people who have tryed to steal his pictures for use on their websites, brochures, and all sorts of other stuff. That has been an ongoing thing. The thing is, is that before people were stealing them, Eric would gladly offer them for use if you had asked him. After his death, it just got out of hand. For awhile, it seemed like every other week someone was finding his pictures on someone else's website. I'm glad they had them marked, and I'm glad that Dixie knocked the resolution down considerably. Yes, not only was he great at his craft, but he was a great man all the way around.

65hoss
10-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Jeez, chill people, I did not say they were steeling them,I know they would never do that, I just saw them and noticed they seemed to be Erics pics.

I did know Eric started their forum, these were not in there forum, a link from the home page.

Sorry, now smooth the feathers back.
I don't think anyone was getting their feathers ruffled.

You didn't see the forum, but it is there. Its all on the same server.

Now smooth those feathers back out. :D :D :D

MOW ED
10-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I think its cool that they are showcasing what a DC can do for a lawn. Erics last Chopper was given to Eric at a very good price and I am sure that he is smiling down on seeing his work being showcased by the company that he loved and they loved him.
Many of you do not know but Eric sold more DC's to people than some dealers did.

chevyman1
10-28-2004, 09:39 AM
I found a company in Albany who was trying to pass Eric's work off as their own. I took a couple of their flyers, faxed them over to Mrs. Elm and let her lawyers get in touch with them. She told me they tried to deny everything until confronted with the fax and when the lawyer called, it was funny

Gravely_Man
10-28-2004, 10:31 AM
I for one really miss the help and guidance Eric always offered everyone. His pictures always make me feel like I need to step up the quality. Thanks for posting the link to the site. His quality of work is something I always strive to obtain.

Gravely_Man

Eric 1
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I don't think anyone was getting their feathers ruffled.

You didn't see the forum, but it is there. Its all on the same server.

Now smooth those feathers back out. :D :D :D

Ok. :)

I have seen and have visited the forum, in fact I was there yesterday.

Gravely, to obtain his level of work you will need to obtain some real mowers. J/K :D

Eric 1
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
I found a company in Albany who was trying to pass Eric's work off as their own. I took a couple of their flyers, faxed them over to Mrs. Elm and let her lawyers get in touch with them. She told me they tried to deny everything until confronted with the fax and when the lawyer called, it was funny

Good for you chevyman. I would strangle those kind of people. :angry: :realmad:

Fareway Lawncare
10-28-2004, 05:19 PM
It's kind of a shame. These few pics that they have REALLY don't do the real ones justice. The ones that HE posted really make you appreciate them.

You sure about that...mabe it's my monitor but the pics off the DC page look like they were enhanced significantly.....

DC Page First followed by Eric's posted pic...

Runner
10-29-2004, 12:52 AM
It's just darker, is all. This could've just happened when they transferred it. Sometimes that happens from one program to the other. I also think that they DID lose some clarity in it from the original.

musselman
10-29-2004, 02:03 AM
I never met Eric, but I did email him once when I saw those pics on his website.....about a week later I was the proud papa of a DC. Wonder how many DC were sold by those photos...the man could strip. Wish I could have gotten more advise from him