PDA

View Full Version : how would this make you feel.

Downunder Bob
10-28-2004, 05:04 AM
On the 9th of August I placed an order for a mini-z thru my dealer. I was told it would take between 10 and 12 weeks as thats how long organizing and freight takes from the US to Australia. On the 24th I was notified by the importer {also a dealer} that everything is in order and that my mower will leave the US in or around the first week of September arriving around the first week in November.Well the container arrived this week but no mini-z.
In the meantime I had sold my old mower and organised work with a contractor for the new mower.The importer is now saying it may take another 10 to twelve weeks for another one to arrive. I have asked both the dealer and the importer for a loan mower till mine arrives, both said they haven't got any second hand machines available.

Richard Martin
10-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Man, that is terrible. You have learned a valuable lesson though. Like we say here in the States, don't count your chickens till the eggs hatch. In other words you shouldn't have sold your old mower until you had at least 100 hours on the new one.

Moe Fish
10-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Is the mini-z so much better than what you could find local that you would wait 12 weeks for it to come from the otherside of the world? WOW

LB Landscaping
10-28-2004, 08:36 AM
I put some pressure on the dealer to help you out. Do they have any demo's???

Mickhippy
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Where abouts are you in QLD Bob? If your anywhere near the Gold Coast, I saw a mini or the super mini or what ever it is at Karls Mowers on the Gold Coast.

You could also check... I hope your not talking about these guys!

http://www.hewlettequipment.com.au/

Gravely_Man
10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
That is some terrible news. I would get highly upset as you must have had a contract with the dealer for the new mower. Did the contract have a date of when the new mower was going to come in?

Gravely_Man

Gene $immons
10-28-2004, 11:43 AM
That Stinks

I hope that you are not getting ripped off. I remember a similar story where the guy never got his mower. Have you paid anything?

Hope it works out.

DLS1
10-28-2004, 02:08 PM
On the 9th of August I placed an order for a mini-z thru my dealer. I was told it would take between 10 and 12 weeks as thats how long organizing and freight takes from the US to Australia. On the 24th I was notified by the importer {also a dealer} that everything is in order and that my mower will leave the US in or around the first week of September arriving around the first week in November.Well the container arrived this week but no mini-z.
In the meantime I had sold my old mower and organised work with a contractor for the new mower.The importer is now saying it may take another 10 to twelve weeks for another one to arrive. I have asked both the dealer and the importer for a loan mower till mine arrives, both said they haven't got any second hand machines available.

Start this thread again on the Hustler forum. Maybe they can help you get one quicker or maybe tell you the closest dealer to you that has one. Did the empty container mower come directly from the Hustler factory? Maybe it got stolen out of the box before it got to you.

Downunder Bob
10-28-2004, 04:54 PM
I appreciate the concern. Now I find that my mower was replaced with the new diesel Hustler.
I just wish I could get a loan machine to get me thru till mine comes.

Tonyr
10-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Who are you dealing through, Chris @ Hewlett Eqipt, Brissy?

Did you pay a deposit?

Has your machine left America yet?

Can you cancel the order and purchase a Super Z?

Have you checked out the New Toro Z500 models and 400 models?

Loaner mowers...souunds like crap, they should of done something, afterall it is their end that let you down.