PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Z or Turf Tiger

Lawnfella
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I've been running Scag mowers for 6 years without any major problems. Next year I will buy a new 48" walk behind and a 60" zero-turn. My local dealer no longer carries Scag and they now carry Exmark. I'm thinking about buying a Lazer Z but I worry about the sealed spindle bearings and the clutch. How long will they last? I've never had to replace a bearing on any of my Scag mowers. My Turf Tiger that I use daily has over 1500 hours and a walk-behind with over 2000 hours with no bearing problems. The clutches have never been replaced either. They have been adjusted but never replaced. I think the Exmark uses a non-adjustable clutch. I do like the way the Ultra Cut decks perform. I believe they cut a little better than the Advantage decks at higher speed. Any help with my concerns will be appreciated.

Travis Followell
10-28-2004, 07:23 PM
If your dealer switched to Exmark then that what you would be better off getting. they are probibly a lot closer to you than a scag dealer so go with the exmark. They are good mowers and you shouldn't have any problems with them.

mdb landscaping
10-28-2004, 07:38 PM
we run both scag and exmark. i can tell ya this year alone ive had to do bearings twice on our lazer z. we have two turf tigers as well, and each machine has pros and cons. overall, if you want great cut quality go exmark. overall i think the scag suits our needs a little more. the turf tiger has way lower center of gravity and i feel much better with it on steeper hills. the cut is ok, and does a good job, but the deck on the exmark is a lot better. i wouldnt be shy'd away just from having to replace a bearing here or there cause the exmark truly is a nice machine.