PLM-1
10-28-2004, 05:44 PM
striping kit helps...

barefootlawns
10-28-2004, 05:47 PM
what is that

The LawnSmith
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
There are several websites that explain striping and sell somewhat universal striping kits for most mowers. Try Big League Lawns for example. I think they have the universal kits. I'm not recommending them, just one of the companies I remember. There are plenty others out there.

barefootlawns
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
K Thank You do you know if they are hard to use

PLM-1
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
you just attach them to your mower and mow....it's as simple as that

BMFD92
10-28-2004, 08:12 PM
there has been numerous threads on this subject. Do a search and you will find everything you need to know about striping.

The LawnSmith
10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
As BMF said, there are many posts about striping, there are several patterns you can use, but you have to take into consideration that it takes more time than a standard mow, and the appearance doesn't last that long. If it is a weekly mow, it could be worthwhile, and another consideration is the type of grass you are mowing. Cooler grasses are more succeptable to striping. Warmer grasses are more difficult. I have been pondering the idea of buying a striping kit for my John Deere for a few lawns here in Alabama, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort or time. I guess if the customer wants it , or if it will work well in your area, its a worthwhile purchase. You can either use my comments or dispose of them in the round file, Anyway, thats my comments on striping.

Mike

chefdrp
10-28-2004, 10:53 PM
LAWNSMITH-----I beg to differ with you. My stripes last all winter and when i get there in the spring there there. I dont know what you mean by they dont last that long. And it takes no longer to mow laying a stripe than not. Actualy my mower cant mow without laying a stripe. Please tell us what you mean.