PDA

View Full Version : Check this guys billing tactic

pjslawncare/landscap
10-28-2004, 08:52 PM
The misses and I are at a freinds 40th b-day party the other nite and I start talking to this guy I never met before. He is a self employed handy man. He is telling me that when a customer doesnt pay his bill and it becomes late, he knocks 10% off the bill and hopes they pay that. After I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I ask him "why the hell do you knock the price down for them?" He tells me thats the only way he gets these people to pay him. Luckily it was time to sing happy birthday so I didnt have to talk to this guy any more. Sure he wont be in business very long with that concept. Gee, lets reward our late payers by lowering the bill for them :dizzy:
Thats a new one on me.

proenterprises
10-28-2004, 09:12 PM
well, if he did work for me I woudl always pay late, its like a guaranteed 10% discount card.

bobbygedd
10-28-2004, 09:15 PM
with a mindset like that, he's bound to be out of the handyman business real soon, and into.......the lawn business

DLCS
10-28-2004, 09:18 PM
with a mindset like that, he's bound to be out of the handyman business real soon, and into.......the lawn business

ROFLMAO, yeh isn't that the truth.

grass-scapes
10-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey, don't knock it....I had a doctors office call me the other day...Keep in mind I owe them 5200 bucks for MY PART of kidney stone surgury. (35000 total) Ive been struggling to pay the 8 grand I owe. They told me if I can pay them 50 bucks a month, they would knock off 10 percent of the bill.... IM like....SURE........
That tells me their prices were inflated to begin with.....Maybe the handymans price was too.

proenterprises
10-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey, don't knock it....I had a doctors office call me the other day...Keep in mind I owe them 5200 bucks for MY PART of kidney stone surgury. (35000 total) Ive been struggling to pay the 8 grand I owe. They told me if I can pay them 50 bucks a month, they would knock off 10 percent of the bill.... IM like....SURE........
That tells me their prices were inflated to begin with.....Maybe the handymans price was too.

yes, that is true, my father is a lawyer and i remember reading files from medical offices stating that if an amount is paid in a certain increment, then the bill is reduced. somtimes they use it as a tactic to get some money out of a client, instead of none, but their is a differnce between a $35,000.00 doctor bill and a $100.00 lawn bill, so different meathods for different industries i suppose...