PDA

View Full Version : Redneck yards

meathead1134
10-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I just got done watching blue collar tv with Jeff Foxworthy. He came up with a new segment for his show. He stated to take pictures of "redneck yards" You know overgrown, cars that are rusted that don't run ect, ect, you have to have the owners permission to post it. Dam how to ask them something like that? www.redneckyard.com

OK I've got an idea, Tell us about the yards you guys have come across. I've got a few in mind.

1. A white ranch with a green 5 series BMW in the driveway with the grass about 4 feet tall all overgrown, with a partial garage structure or something thats nailed and boarded to the side of the house. It'kind of looks like a 2 and half sided lean too or something, this thing its hideous. All rotted out and no roof, really well though out

2. A house thats half shingled since 1997 with 25 year old rack body truck in the front yard that has 4 different colors that dosen't run with a windshield sticker that says "Redneck"

Now come on guys I'm sure that I'm not the only one to come across this stuff. Now tell me about some of the yards you guys come across :drinkup:

jeffh1988
10-28-2004, 09:10 PM
I just saw that...

I know i have plenty of yards aound here that would win the contest without a doubt. There is one house rright outside of town with about 7 or 8 rusted out old cars that haven't been moved in atleast 20 years and the grass probably hasn't been cut this year. There are fold up chairs all throughout their front yard. A tree fell on their garage this spring guess what its still there + a few other really tacky things...now if you can compete with that i want to hear about it

lawnman_scott
10-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Im sure you have heard "if you cut your grass and you find a car, you might just be a redneck". Here in FL we have a weed crap tree called pepper trees. I trimmed some for a customer, and found not 1 car, not 2, not 3, but 4 cars. They were small fiat or toyota or something, but a 1/4 acre lot with 4 cars I didnt see when we started.

Wreak
10-28-2004, 09:13 PM
I was mowing one day and this lady stopped as she was driving by and asked me if I could mow her yard after I got done. I told her that I had some more to do but I would come by tomorrow and give her an estimate. Well I got there and she wanted me to mow just her front yard which was about 150' x about '75 and about 2 feet tall and they had a wooden swing set and a trampoline in the yard so I told her that I could do it for $65. She only wanted it done one time. So I start and found about a dozen baseballs, softballs, basketballs, kickballs, big toy trucks, trikes, bigwheels, wagons, hug boulders, and a FREAKING CAR ENGINE.....none of this stuff was visible before I started. The lady told me that they had just cleaned up and when I told her $65 it was from outside of the chain link fenced yard.

The lady left to go to her kids football practice and I was done before she got back but I never said anything, I was just glad to get out of there before I found a horse or something. LOL

PLI1
10-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Wife and I were in Missouri driving back from vacation and we drove by a home with a toilet in the front yard filled with dirt and planted with flowers. My wife turned and said, "did you just see that!" We both laughed hysterically. The yard was also littered with a couple sun bleached half rotted pink flamingoes and a boat next to the driveway that im sure hasn't touched water in at least 15 years.

lawnman_scott
10-28-2004, 09:29 PM
speaking of this topic. My policy is, a tool left in the yard to be hit by the lawnguy is a tool that is no longer needed by the customer.

chefdrp
10-28-2004, 09:42 PM
there is one i pass that has toys, folding chairs out all year. cars that dont run and a "home made garage". big blue tarp tied to the house and then to the swing set.

captaingreen
10-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Wife and I were in Missouri driving back from vacation and we drove by a home with a toilet in the front yard filled with dirt and planted with flowers. My wife turned and said, "did you just see that!" We both laughed hysterically. The yard was also littered with a couple sun bleached half rotted pink flamingoes and a boat next to the driveway that im sure hasn't touched water in at least 15 years.

Dude, that was my neighbors house, and they're quite proud of the landscape.

lawnman_scott
10-28-2004, 09:58 PM
there is one i pass that has toys, folding chairs out all year. cars that dont run and a "home made garage". big blue tarp tied to the house and then to the swing set.I see alot of those "garages" here.

mbricker
10-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah, big blue tarp strung from a couple of trees and 8' 4x4 posts stuck in the ground, the tarp was covering a couple of lawnmowers, but the tarp has shredded in the weather. At least 7 other mowers strewn around the house. Two large piles of brush or tree trimmings stacked near the drive. Foot tall grass in a circle around each pile of brush indicating they have been there about 6 weeks, and for that matter, foot tall grass in several areas in the yard, but one small area of the lawn neatly trimmed and mowed. Next week when you drive by it will be grown up but another area will be neatly mowed and trimmed. Then every evening, a pickup and lawn service trailer parked beside the drive, and then it's obvious the tree trimmings were thrown off the trailer at the end on a long day several weeks ago, but never carried on down to the burn pile.

You guessed it, my yard.

lawnmowingboys
10-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Ever mowed around Halloween decorations.......in April?!?

There are not 1,2, but 3 homes that never remove their decorations. Do you think they scare off Santa at Christmas!?!

Smalltimer1
10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
That's all why I offer a cleanup service :drinkup: .

I offer to take the mowers and other junk for a fee and then bring it home take all the good parts off to use in the Small Engine Repair business or for my own personal equipment, put the hulks of what's left in the woods with my other junk mowers, and then in the spring, I'm gonna take all the junkers and basketcases to the scrap metal dealer and sell them then--double dip so to speak.

impactlandscaping
10-29-2004, 11:41 AM
There is a house out here by our local winery that has at least 15 dogs tied to various objects around the yard. Trees, old cars, barrels,clothesline, etc. There used to be at least 20 cars scattered over the property, but last spring the county hauled a bunch out. There's still quite a few out there, entertaining to pass by to say the least... ;)

Rob's Lawn Care
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
For all those rednecks with computers sitting in those houses, maybe you'll like this one.

meathead1134
10-29-2004, 07:12 PM
For all those rednecks with computers sitting in those houses, maybe you'll like this one.

Were can I get that???

green with envy
10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
I do this house ritzy neighborhood. Prices start at $750,000.00 There is a house across the street and they never installed a lawn!! The entire yard is just weed and brush. My customer says they are foreign and like the "natural look". They are being fined $225 a month but they don't care.
The place looks like Crap!

Mike

txlawnking
10-29-2004, 09:53 PM
There is a house coming into town on a road here in Brazoria. To say it's bizarre would be an under statement.. Red and blue tile roof, tall grass (sometimes) various junk mowers, a garbage/junk mountain in the back yard (we're talking a 15' tall mountain..) bizzare holiday decorations up year round, and unusual hand painted signs that say such gems as " why du bad things happn tu gud people??" The dude that owns the place is interesting, to say the least..

slb917
10-29-2004, 09:59 PM
I have a good one, driving through rural Ohio one afternoon i saw a structure I didnt quite recognize, as I got closer I could make out to double wides the somebody had built a breezeway between, out of plywood....
Needless to say there was an engine blocking haning from the swingset.

tx_angler
10-30-2004, 12:59 AM
This has been posted elsewhere on the internet but some of you may not have seen it.

http://www.lawnbarbers.net/images/rednecklotterywinner.jpg

a a green
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
I just have to laugh. I know of one house about 3 miles south from me that has 2 toilets in the front yard (1 pink and 1 yellow). About 1.5 miles west of me kinda looks like the last pick posted... they live in a dump but have 3 limos. Thank god I live on the other side of town , but I know my neighbors gotta get mad when I park the dump truck in front of the house overnight.

meathead1134
10-31-2004, 07:42 PM
pretty good guys keep them coming I read every post. THis thread is making me laugh