PDA

View Full Version : New or used?

Green-Pro
10-28-2004, 09:19 PM
O.K. I've been demoing ZTR's and have narrowed it down to a Scag Turf Tiger 52" deck, 23 liquid cooled Kaw. I talked to dealer to find out how soon prices would increase and price for new now--$8951 new price.

He also has the one he used this year, same one I demoed with 300 hours. I thought it was in like new condition when I demoed, was really leaning toward the new until he quoted me --$7600 for this one and he would provide the same warranty on this one as a new one, that is to say when the remainder of the factory warranty on this one is done he would provide written guarantee to extend warranty out of pocket as if I had bought a new one.

Question??? should I go with new or is the 300 hr. demo a better deal?

Oh forgot to mention out of dealers I've dealt with so far this guy has the best rep.

Thanks for any input

G-P ;)New or used?

Avery
10-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Get a new one. Think of it like this....would you buy a rental car if your income depended on it?

chipk1
10-28-2004, 09:56 PM
It depends. Was it demo's by this person.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=86340&highlight=demo

dvmcmrhp52
10-28-2004, 09:59 PM
What avery said.
I'd be careful about buying a demo machine with 300 hours on it.
I wouldn't pay that much for a demo with those hours.

shepoutside
10-28-2004, 10:05 PM
If your happy with it, and the dealer will stand behind it, then it's great saving. Take's a lot of lawns, to pay the difference.

Mdirrigation
10-28-2004, 10:09 PM
A fifteen hundred dollar difference , going into the winter , demo will have a full warranty , and it was maintained by the dealer . What other equipment can you buy with the 1500.00 difference? I bought a demo lesco 52 inch front cut machine 12 years ago with about 300 hours on it , sold it after 10 years with 3200 hours to a friend with 4 acres , he loves it and its still runing strong. Buy the demo , with the money you saved take the wife on a vacation .

proenterprises
10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
i would save the $$$ an go with the demo. chances are, if the machine has been through hell, either the dealer would have told you or it would be dirt cheap. it does take alot of lawns to pay for the difference, 300 hours is nothing in the scheme of things.

Green-Pro
10-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Avery, dvmcmrhp52, Yeah that is where I'm kind of torn on the one hand the point shepoutside, proenterprises, & Mdirrigation make about having the extra cash to purchase other equipment or to simply invest, whatever makes sense, and the guy does have a good rep. seems to stand behind what he sells. So it's not as though I distrust him not at all, its more like a sort of idea that I just kind of lean toward something "new" and it is certainly not that I can't afford it.

With that being said I did think that the $7600 price was not to bad, any thoughts on the $8951 tag for new? Does this seem in line to anybody? Other ZTR demo was a hustler super z with an air cooled 27horse kaw that was about $8200. I gotta say I preferred the scag over the hustler and thought the longevity of the L/C kaw for $700 more would be well worth it.

Decisions decisions, oh well nite all time for some much needed rest Trick or treat was tonight three youngest daughters and wife & now me wiped out.

Happy Halloween all!! :pumpkin:

G-P