PDA

View Full Version : funny thing I saw today...

ofishil
10-28-2004, 10:47 PM
I brought my wife with me today since we only had a four yards then we were going to run errands. We are driving down a high dollar street. The most expensive and best known street in our town. Multimillion dollar homes. So I whip around a curve and there is a guy mowing this yard with 22" mowers. I guess he was solo because i didnt see anyone else. The 22" mowers isnt the funny thing because thats how i started out. The funny thing is he had one in each hand. I had to do a double take and try to take in the whole scene as he was turning. I did see though there was a stripe between the two mowers that had not been cut. They were also two different kinds of mowers. I should have turned around but decided i would see it on my way back but he was gone.

impactlandscaping
10-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Around here, that would be a redneck 44" walk behind!! LOL..I would have had to stop and ask him exactly what the hell he was doing, and to show me the finer points of 'rasslin 2 murrays 'round tha yard..lol BTW-did he have a half lit cigarette hanging off his lower lip?? hahaha :p

Runner
10-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Actually, as I think of it, it's a wonder that someone has not fabricated a bracket type thing that you could hook two mowers up in front of one other, and have them overlap just a bit. like in a V pattern. With one self propelled, it could push (or atleast assist) the other two. If they were all self propelled, then you could have a seperate controller coming back to the middle mower to squeeze the handles to help turn. Just an idea.

Lawn-Scapes
10-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Wasn't there someone on this site that operated this way? I remember something like it. Twotoros maybe?

impactlandscaping
10-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Hey Joe, if you could use caster wheels on all the decks, it would really help with cornering. You could create your own gang mower out of old 21's really inexpensively.Now, let's see if we can get Billy in Chicago to rig up a prototype.. :drinkup:

Soupy
10-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Actually, as I think of it, it's a wonder that someone has not fabricated a bracket type thing that you could hook two mowers up in front of one other, and have them overlap just a bit. like in a V pattern. With one self propelled, it could push (or atleast assist) the other two. If they were all self propelled, then you could have a seperate controller coming back to the middle mower to squeeze the handles to help turn. Just an idea.

Sounds like a job for BHB (frankenscagmachine). I would buy a bracket if someone made it. Would be nice for gates under 36".

DuallyVette
10-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a job for BHB (frankenscagmachine). I would buy a bracket if someone made it. Would be nice for gates under 36".

Sounds like a waste of time

JustMowIt
10-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Wasn't there someone on this site that operated this way? I remember something like it. Twotoros maybe?

I havn't been on Lawnsite long, but there is a large company in my market that does that with 2 21 inch toros, and sometimes we inherit a worker that worked for him & it is hard to keep them from doing that. When a customer calls to tell us, it really makes us look bad!
MJ

lawnworker
10-29-2004, 07:51 AM
What a great Idea. with the high cost of commercial mowers, I can just bolt two Murrays together and underbid the competition. Also,the duel discharge of the clippings would look awesome as I stroll behind.

Carolina Cuts
10-29-2004, 08:30 AM
why stop there??? Just tie four of em' together... and push em' with an 8ft' 2x4 that stretches across them. 84" cut.... would take you no time at all.

lawnworker
10-29-2004, 08:36 AM
A Frankenstien variation of brad's flex deck is forming in my mind. Hmm, I Could hinge them all together and...........................

MMLawn
10-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Actually, as I think of it, it's a wonder that someone has not fabricated a bracket type thing that you could hook two mowers up in front of one other

Some good old boy around here probably already has....Duct Tape.. :cool2:

JustMowIt
10-29-2004, 12:02 PM
I brought my wife with me today since we only had a four yards then we were going to run errands. We are driving down a high dollar street. The most expensive and best known street in our town. Multimillion dollar homes. So I whip around a curve and there is a guy mowing this yard with 22" mowers. I guess he was solo because i didnt see anyone else. The 22" mowers isnt the funny thing because thats how i started out. The funny thing is he had one in each hand. I had to do a double take and try to take in the whole scene as he was turning. I did see though there was a stripe between the two mowers that had not been cut. They were also two different kinds of mowers. I should have turned around but decided i would see it on my way back but he was gone.

I have seen that several times, and actually there is a company here in Dallas whose employees do that on a regular basis! We have ended up with some of their employees & had to fire a couple because they would not stop running 2 mowers with 1 guy!!!!! In can be done & still look OK, but we do not condone that because they look like dumbaxxxx in the process!!!

TJ

rookiemower
10-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Impact are you talking about me :cool2: :cool2:

impactlandscaping
10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey..Billy, you can build about anything,.....build it and they will come...I don't know who, but someone would probably want one. Maybe a new category in the Gopher Fabrication Contest??? :p

cutnedge
10-29-2004, 02:40 PM
why stop there??? Just tie four of em' together... and push em' with an 8ft' 2x4 that stretches across them. 84" cut.... would take you no time at all.

Saaaaaayy.......You think that 2x4 ought to be treated? Or is that a little overkill?

Gravely_Man
10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Tom, nailed it on the head. Twotorros even had video o him mowing with both mowers at the same time. He swore it was very easy and quick to mow like that.

Gravely_Man

Lawn-Scapes
10-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought so..

Here's the link: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=18706&highlight=mowers

Back in the good ol' days. :drinkup:

Littleriver1
10-29-2004, 03:32 PM
That could solve the problem of the 36" gates.

hoyboy
10-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Now, if he was running 2 wb's at the same time, then I'd hire him in a minute!

PaulJ
10-31-2004, 02:23 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17780

how about this for multiple mowers?