PDA

View Full Version : i called the phone company.....

bobbygedd
10-29-2004, 09:13 AM
they came because i had interference in my phone, you know, "fuzzy sound". so, they followed the line, from the pole, into my house. the "mechanism" that was causing the interference, was inside my cieling, in the basement. the man told me to remove that section of the cieling, then when i'm done, call back and reschedule an appointment to have the thing fixed. i was shocked, i thought for sure he'd get his tools, remove the ceiling, fix the phone thing, then mend the hole in the cieling. boy, talk about lacking customer service skills

Mickhippy
10-29-2004, 09:23 AM
No thats "Ironic" hehe :drinkup:

1MajorTom
10-29-2004, 09:30 AM
You're really reaching, this is example is not even close to the leaf example which is what you are trying for. The guy fixes phones, he does not do drywall work tearing a ceiling apart.

Gravely_Man
10-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Bobby, are you telling me you don’t pay the monthly “wiring insurance” charge on your local phone bill? This is one of the many small additional charges that the phone company tries to put into your bill. Look at your bill very carefully. The above is just in case you are really having an inside wiring issue.

Gravely_Man

Turf Medic
10-29-2004, 10:09 AM
bobby, did the guy at least bunch up the wires before he left :cool2:

promower
10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey bobby I would say I'll be back to fix it in a few days I dont have the right tools with me. Then when you leave a voice mail a few days later I would return the call letting you know I've been real busy and just give me a few more days, then I would never show up :blob3: :blob3: just kidding with you

Runner
10-29-2004, 01:04 PM
It seems it would be easier and cheaper just to cut that one, and reinstall...start from scratch like you are getting a new phone installation. No way I'm doing all that drywall (or plaster) work.

Littleriver1
10-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I can't believe he didn't just ask you if it was ok to abanden the old parts and reinstall new stuff. He'll just trash the old stuff anyway.

JPLAWNSERVICE
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Bobby, did you really have phone line work done or are you just comparing this to the leaf work that Jodi done?

bobbygedd
10-29-2004, 05:58 PM
i had the phone work done. how could i make that up? i'm still looking at the hole in my basement cieling as we speak

1MajorTom
10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
And your point of this thread is what Gedd?

bobbygedd
10-29-2004, 06:08 PM
the point of my thread is simple. what i was getting at is.......that beautifil little girl of yours, i'm sure she gets her good looks from you. the apple never falls far from the tree

pjslawncare/landscap
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
the point of my thread is simple. what i was getting at is.......that beautifil little girl of yours, i'm sure she gets her good looks from you. the apple never falls far from the tree
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: Huh! Stop drinkin that cheap stuff Bob. Ya aint makin no sence

Scraper
10-29-2004, 07:35 PM
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: Huh! Stop drinkin that cheap stuff Bob. Ya aint makin no sence

C'mon...it's friday night...some of us don't have to work on weekends. LOL

proenterprises
10-29-2004, 08:08 PM
is this like that 2 restaurant thread, the ham pig leg thread, all symbolism for the industry?

bobbygedd
10-29-2004, 08:11 PM
ha ha ha, come on will ya, i'm serious, i called the damn phone company! anyone really want an answer on the pig leg thread?

proenterprises
10-29-2004, 08:13 PM
ha ha ha, come on will ya, i'm serious, i called the damn phone company! anyone really want an answer on the pig leg thread?

sure, what was the answer?

bobbygedd
10-29-2004, 08:16 PM
ok, look, a pig will always lift his right leg to pee. now, since he gets no excersize at all, this leg lifting will develop his right leg muscles , making them tougher than the left. btw, i read that on a fortune cookie

proenterprises
10-29-2004, 08:31 PM
interesting but i prefer chicken

Doster's L & L
10-29-2004, 10:26 PM
ok, look, a pig will always lift his right leg to pee. now, since he gets no excersize at all, this leg lifting will develop his right leg muscles , making them tougher than the left. btw, i read that on a fortune cookie

What? Really? A FORTUNE COOKIE??? What kind of a twisted chinese place did you eat at?