PDA

View Full Version : Who uses the Flex-Dexk

clovergurl1487
10-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I have done the search and read most of the post contained there, but the majority of them are opinions from people who have never used the deck. There was definetly a lot of good information there but what I would like is to hear from people who actually have or do now use the Flex-Deck.

Thanks, Ed

impactlandscaping
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Ed, welcome to LS! Be patient, and I'm sure Brad will see this and be along here at some point. He is the developer of the FD , and a member here at LS. He can tell you all you'll ever need to know about the flex-deck.

rodfather
10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Ed, welcome to LS! Be patient, and I'm sure Brad will see this and be along here at some point.

Probably drilling somebody's teeth as we speak...he's a dentist in Iowa if you didn't know already.

Meg-Mo
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
We have used the decks for maybe 5 yrs. now and have 5 of them on different mowers and would not mow with them. It's saves so much time and just about ends string trimming. The best thing behind the MEG MO blades and they work great together.

clovergurl1487
10-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Meg-Mo, Thanks for the reply. I assume the FF will handle the Meg-Mo system? That is something else I am thinking about investing in. Do you have any of the FFs on a 60" or 48" Turf Tracer walk behind?

jbell113
10-29-2004, 06:28 PM
I have not used one but was considering buying one untill I read I was going to have to cut part of my existing exmark deck out in order to mount it and they seemed to be a little high priced for me. JMO

clovergurl1487
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info., Ed

clovergurl1487
10-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to bring this back up to see if I could get some more replies.
Thanks, Ed

bobbygedd
10-30-2004, 11:46 AM
how much is one? do they create mechanical dificulties because of the alterations required?

dobehap
10-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Here is mine on my exmark.

Have been using it all this season. Its the greatest time saving thing out there.

Here is my review of it

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=76971

Flex-Deck
10-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks Dobehap - Brad

jeffh1988
10-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Now what is the advantage to running a flex deck???

jbell113
10-31-2004, 10:49 AM

I would say decreased mowing time. Makes a 36" into a 52" and you can mow under bushes, fences and get it thru a gate. I would love to own one but like I said earlier dont want to alter my stock deck on my exmark.

J.Gordon
10-31-2004, 11:16 AM
I don’t have a Flex-Deck and by the rules I shouldn’t comment on it, but I am going to anyway! You can turn a 36’’mower into a 54’’ mower and save a lot of time, not to mention still get in those hard to get spots a factory 54’’ wouldn’t ever reach. The amount of trimming this deck will allow you to do can save a ton of time. I don’t know how much they are but looking at the design, it will be an investment that would out last the mower you install it on and carry on to the new one. This add-on makes two machines out of one.
I am glad that there is a person out there that likes to improve and invent a better mousetrap.

Thanks Brad

Jeff

ealbertson
10-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Brad, Please check your private messages.

dobehap
10-31-2004, 09:54 PM

From the first hand experience... these are many advantages.

As already mentioned - trimming is cut greatly from using the deck.

People that run a Z, often have a walkbehind to complement it for the hard to reach places. Then they have a trimmer to get the stuff that the walkbehind missed.

If you have a flex deck with the z, you may eliminate the need of a wb. If you have one on a wb, you greatly reduce your trimming time.

There hasnt been a property where I was not able to put this mower on.
Hills, Gates, low trees, you name it, this mower will get the job done.

Like I said in my other post, the only real downside is that they need to put these on at the factory.

Cost around 1K, let me know if I can answer any other questions, I was a sceptic too. But now I dont know what I would do without mine.

ealbertson
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Dobehap,
Thanks for the replies. Is the weight significant enough to cause any problems as far as raising the deck to go over things? How about height adjusments? Can you run the main deck with the Flex in the up position? I am thinking about putting one on a 60" turf tracer walk behind. Do you have any thoughts on that?
Thanks again,
Ed

dobehap
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Dobehap,
Thanks for the replies. Is the weight significant enough to cause any problems as far as raising the deck to go over things? How about height adjusments? Can you run the main deck with the Flex in the up position? I am thinking about putting one on a 60" turf tracer walk behind. Do you have any thoughts on that?
Thanks again,
Ed

Exmark 36" has a significally light front end, where endless wheelys were a problem, especially with a bull rider attached. Now with the flex deck, its perfect weight distribution. I can raise it up to go over things no problem. On that 60" walk behind, you will have one heck of a mower 60+18 = 78.... Its to wide in my opinion. But you may be able to find a use for it. It will add the benefit of a trimming, but that 60 inch mower wont get you trough most gates. I think it makes better sence to put this deck on a 60 inch rider, since having a wide mower is basically for large open areas, where you want to sit, not walk behind.

dobehap
10-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Can you run the main deck with the Flex in the up position?
Ed

Why would you want to? But, no, you cant.
It should only be in the up position to move it trough a gate.

ealbertson
11-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Dobehap,
You have some very good points. The reason for putting on the 60 WB is this is a very efficient mower for my lawn mix. I have a 60 and 72 rider as well. Your suggestion for the rider is a very good one for my situation as well. I was planning on replacing it with a 72 which even with trade in I was guessing at about a 4 to 5K expense. The FF deck would give me the added size along with many other benifits. This brings up my next question for Brad which is will it work on a 60" 2004 Toro Z master with the Turbo force deck? If so are there many mods required?
Thanks again to everybody for taking the time to answer my questions,
Ed

Meg-Mo
11-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Here is a picture of one of our mowers with a flex deck. This machine now has 900 hours on it.