PDA

View Full Version : sutech 33" mower. it's cheap, is it good?

cypresslawncare
10-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I've been looking online for a 36" mower but can't find one that fits my budget. I went to the mower shop and wow those 36" machines are too damn big for me and my small residential yards. But as I was about to leave I came across a new Sutech 33" with a 9hp kawasaki. The coolest thing about it was that it was about 60% as big as the other massive 36"ers. Also, it's only $1500 ! Is this a good mower? It also comes with briggs engines. Check them out (please) at http://etpetersen.com/ope/sutech.html. Tell me what you think and what engine package you would buy. Keep in mind that I'm a newby and at this point I'm not too picky, just want something cheap, reliable, and efficient. I'm pretty much just concerned with it's performance and reliability. So give my your opinions, hopefully you won't burst my bubble, but if you must, you must.
Thanks dudes!

Carolina Cuts
10-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Looks like one of those late night info-commercial type lawnmowers. ex. Troy-Bilt... not familiar with either of em'... sorry. Guess I am no help to ya. :blob3:

cypresslawncare
10-29-2004, 03:14 PM
nevermind guys, i just did a search on them. apparently they suck pretty hard. Oh well. I want a 32 or 36 inch mower, but I don't think I can afford a decent one. Is there anything out there around $2000 that's worth a sh!t?

twins_lawn_care
10-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Check out the Better Quick 36 (sponsor above) they have theirs which is single hydro, for $1995 delivered, and I have read good things about them. Personally have not used them, but am contemplating them for next year.

Frontier-Lawn
10-29-2004, 03:50 PM
have u looked on ebay?

timturf
10-29-2004, 08:14 PM
I've used a sutech for 3 years, my only mower, yet I only use it for @ 6Hrs/week. It's a dam good mower for 1500, I consider it as a very heavey duty homeowners mower, or a very light weight commercial mower! Doesn't do well on hills!

I'm looking into the better quick 36, like the hydro, and need a backup mower! ( sutech)

kppurn
10-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Doesn't do well on hills!

You can say that again! That's one of the reasons I got rid of mine. I got a Toro belt drive with the T-Bar and have since traded that for an Exmark TTHP hydro.

I thought the cut on the Sutech was decent. It was just trying to man handle that thing on a hill, or better yet, stop it going down hill!

timturf
10-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah, stop it going down a hill!

doesn't work all that well going sidewise

I bought it cheap, new for 950.00

John Gamba
10-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Check out the Better Quick 36 (sponsor above) they have theirs which is single hydro, for $1995 delivered, and I have read good things about them. Personally have not used them, but am contemplating them for next year.

I'll Secound this!! And i hear they do great on hills.
John