PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs advice

Cut-Rite2
10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi, just joined this website and I have a few questions about the Landscaping business. I live in the Central Florida area and would like to start a lawn cutting business here. There are lots of landscapers in this area, but I suppose there's always room for one more. I already have a John Deere 48" cut lawn tractor, a self-propelled standard lawn mower, a Ryobi gas powered wire-edger, an electric leaf blower and an 8x4 foot landscape trailer, so I probably don't need to buy anything. I would like to start getting business by passing out flyers in different subdivisions in the area.

I would like some input from any experienced landscapers out there, as to how much should I charge for simple cutting, edging, grass clippings blowing...etc. for Small Lots (like the houses close together-less than 1/4 acre) Standard Lots (1/4 acre), Medium Lots (1/3rd to 1/2 acre), and Large Lots (1 acre and above)? In addition, how do the contracts work (weekly, bi-monthly, monthy, yearly)? Would anyone be willing to show me examples of them. I need to do this with a minimal additional cash outlay.

Thanks for your answers and suggestions.

BryantLandscape
10-29-2004, 06:24 PM
what part of central florida are you in? i'm in the lake wales winter haven area, as far as pricing it is competitive around here but as fast as neighborhoods are going up in my area I can't keep up, hard to give a price, comes down to your time and cost such as insurance, gas etc. don't sell yourself hort, we're out here to make a living so charge what you think your worth, I signed a 34,000 sq ft property with a little hedge trimming once a month for $405 p/month if that helps..

Cut-Rite2
10-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your answer. I live in Sorrento, FL....near Mt. Dora in Lake County. By the way, what is the insurance for and what does it cover, and what is the yearly premium.