PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Subsidies

Freshcut Lawn Care
10-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Do manufacturers allow you to use pictures of their equipment in Advertising Programs?

If so, do they allow some kind of advertising subsidy?

For instance, if you were to use a manufacturers equipment "exclusively" would they:

1) Allow you to use a picture of their machine in your ads.

2) Contribute anything towards advertising which included (and promoted) their equipment.

I think would would be a great idea!

For instance I own Exmark equipment (which I really like). :cool:

I would like to use a picture of my zero turn in an ad program. I assume I would need their permission?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

A guy in town uses Walkers and he uses a picture on their logo for all their vehicles and ads.

:waving:

CathyLynn
10-30-2004, 02:51 AM
I'd ask first--just to be on the safe side!

cantoo
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
A few years ago I was offered a deal if I changed my equipment to Ford. I tried out the mower but it was not to my liking at all so I turned it down. We do the ball diamonds and soccer fields in town and the dealer wanted the exposure. I told him to give me the money and I would paint my Walker ford blue. I ues the Walker logo on all my advertsing and have a 3 foot picture on my cube van. I showed the proof to my Dealer and he said no problem as long as we used it in a positive way. People call us and ask if we are the ones who use that funny looking yellow and white lawnmower.

cantoo
10-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Here's the pic of our cube van.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=18506&page=2&pp=10&highlight=cube+van