PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Vacation!!!

LWNMWR1
10-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Well i am going to go for it. taking the family out to cali for our first family vacation. we leave the 5th and come back the 14th. hopefully it doesn't snow while i am gone and noone shoots me 8 pointer before i get inthe woods! hope everyone else has a great end of the season thing planned. carry on men

billc
10-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Where in California? I lived there for awhile, and just got back from San Francisco. If you can, see San Diego. If you're farther north, drive across the Golden Gate and take Hwy 1 through Marin county. Beautiful views!!!

Runner
10-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Wow! That is awesome! Take it all in, and enjoy not just the vacation aspect of it, but the family time, as well. By the way,...I hear Vermont is nice this time of year! LOL Anyway, take care and enjoy yourselves!

qualitylandscaping
10-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Have fun!

I have my ski bags packed and I'm flying up to Killington for opening day, whenever they get into gear and make some snow! :drinkup:

Fantasy Lawns
10-30-2004, 02:49 PM
If your coming down here ..... gonna need a jacket .... suppose to be in the hi 70's next week ;->

dfor
10-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Where in CA are you going? I was in San Diego in September and the weather was great. Rained alot lately. I love it there.

LWNMWR1
11-01-2004, 07:43 AM
we are flying into longbeach spending a few days in newport beach and then going up to fresno area then back to newport. anything will be better than being here. yes it is nice here but now the leaves are gone and it is that gray time of year. i have but a few jobs to do this week and then we are off.

A Leaf Above
11-01-2004, 08:54 AM
If your coming down here ..... gonna need a jacket .... suppose to be in the hi 70's next week ;->

LOL ... We are Gonna have to break out the winter clothing ....brrrr!

dkarol
11-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Hope you have a SUPER time! When we were all younger, I had my family (wife and four kids) from Tijuana to SF so they could see what the other side of the country looked like. I think some of the most beautiful real estate in the country has been set aside for our military's resting place near Point Loma - San Diego. Another unique place that we will always remember is Hurst's Castle on Coast Road from LA to SF - unbelievable. Gotta check out Pebble Beach for some landscaping techniques, too. (Does that mean "business trip"?)

Years ago, I found a way to fund our flights. I use a credit card to pay ALL of the bills - EVERYTHING. Of course, I pay the card off every month. I get frequent flyer miles for every dollar spent, and in two years, I accumulate enough miles for two round trips to my personally favorite place - Honolulu. Rooms are relatively inexpensive (see - http://www.hawaii-connection.com ) and we always have a great time. A budget can be pretty small if you go to Sam's or Cosco for you "picnic" lunch items and coffee and donuts are "usually" available at the hotel in the morning. Just have a nice meal every evening at one of their many restaurants. Maybe next time you can check out the "landscaping" they do around Honolulu. Just a darn long flight.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! You gotta get away from it all sometime!!!

JB1
11-01-2004, 09:10 AM
I hear Vermont is nice this time of year!

Thats true I figure any place is nice if your on vacation. :waving:

meathead1134
11-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Have fun!

I have my ski bags packed and I'm flying up to Killington for opening day, whenever they get into gear and make some snow! :drinkup:
I'll be at killington on the 28 with my new skis

LWNMWR1
11-01-2004, 05:22 PM
i'll be playing at spy glass as the earliesty tee time i could get at pebble was 1 pm and they won't guarantee a finish with that late a start!!! i didn't have enough miles to get the whole fam. to cali sop i am saving for a long weekend this winter in fla.. i have a pass a sugarbush it is too far to go to killington. besides it is over rated and over crowded!! if you come up north sometime let me know.. you should really try to get to jay peak it is worth the extra time in the car and it is cheaper.