PDA

View Full Version : leaf removal price/small borough

mmacsek
10-29-2004, 10:26 PM
I was contacted today about giving a price for picking up leaves at the curb. I don't feel I'm setup for this. I have a 12' stakebody (superduty) and a Lesco 16hp loader. They have a 1 ton dump truck and box but no loader. They claim no one has them. I gave them some possible leads on where to get one. They pleaded for a price. I feel to be fair is do it by the hour. How much??? One of the many things that concerns me is what is mixed in with the leaves. They want a price by Monday and are very desperate. Hopefully a loader can be found. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matt

impactlandscaping
10-29-2004, 11:58 PM
How many homes are we talking about here? How far away is the closest dump area? Is this a one time job? A little more info,please....

Soupy
10-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Give them the same price you would anyone else. Don't forget about supply and demand!

mmacsek
10-30-2004, 08:41 AM
How many homes are we talking about here? How far away is the closest dump area? Is this a one time job? A little more info,please....
I don't know how many homes but the yards are small... 2K to 6K. As far the dump area the borough has a place to dump or so I'm told. That will have to be confirmed. They would like to have them cleaned up weekly for the season. Next year they will definately have a loader. The borough I live in , which is next door, used to do it but a tiff between councils developed and now they're up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Thanks Matt

landscapingpoolguy
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I would not pass up the oppertunity to do business with a town. it could lead to other work in the future.

Chuck

USNOWME
10-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Sounds Like They Are Desperate. Go For It And Set Your Price High, It Sounds Like They Have No Other Options And Will Probably Pay You What You Ask. Even If They Get A Loader For Next Year, Take Advantage Of The Money You Can Make This Fall. I Do Some Mowing For A Municipality And It Has Turned Out To Be A Good Moneymaker. They Keep Adding Jobs Every Season. This Could Be A Good Networking Connection.

rodfather
10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't walk away from this opportunity just yet Matt. BTW, what town are we talking about (I used to live in Forks Twp. back where that new golf course went in).

mmacsek
10-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I just found out this evening that the borough will be purchasing a loader. Thanks for the help and responses. Matt