PDA

View Full Version : lawnboy confusion

cypresslawncare
10-30-2004, 12:40 AM
everybody keeps talking about lawnboy 2 strokes and how much they like them. I like the lawnboys from what I've seen. But when you guys are bragging about the "2 cycle lawnboys" are you talking specifically about the commercial one (with the orange bag)? Or are you talking about the silverpro/goldpro series too? Will they hold up as well as the commercial? The website doesn't say, are they the same "duraforce 6.5 hp 2 cycle" engines? I know I ask too many questions...I swear I'll get on riddalin as soon as I start making some moneY!

Metro Lawn
10-30-2004, 07:34 AM
We have used LawnBoy mowers since the day we started. I started in 1985 with 2 used 19" residential LawnBoys from around 1974 era. I still have both of them and they both still run. We don't use them anymore, but I couldn't part with them. We now use both 2 & 4 stroke models, but 2's are the way to go before they get banned all together.

Smalltimer1
10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
What's so good about the 2-stroke Lawn-Boys??

grass_cuttin_fool
10-31-2004, 07:05 AM
I have a 2 stroke lawnboy and what I think makes it great is there is no oil to change or check and that you can mow steep places with out worrying about oil problems

cypresslawncare
10-31-2004, 09:34 AM
did yall even read the damn question. WHICH lawnboy?

fga
10-31-2004, 10:01 AM
relax, don't bust a seam....
for what i know, its mostly the commercial model. the entire mower is built tough, 2 stroke engine, deck, protective pars, huge gas tank, even the heavy duty orange wheels.. The lower models will give a nice cut, but aren't as durable in the long run. i use 21" mowers as my primaries, and i've been using the same ones for 6 years now, march will be the 7th season with them being used everyday.

drsogr
10-31-2004, 10:31 AM

LOL. I don't think it really matters. It just has to have a 2 cycle, tricycle deck design, and be ugly as sin! If it was built 20 years ago that helps too.

cypresslawncare
11-01-2004, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=drsogr]LOL. I don't think it really matters. It just has to have a 2 cycle, tricycle deck design, and be ugly as sin! If it was built 20 years ago that helps too.[/QUOTE
that's what i wanted to hear, thanks bud!

boonhogganbeck
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
You'll be fine with a gold pro or silver pro, with preference to the gold pro. The commercial model does have a much larger gas tank, but I don't think there is a huge difference between its engine and the duraforce. I have a gold pro and love it. Get em before they're gone for good.

man of stihl
11-13-2004, 09:31 AM
i use lawnboy goldpro series. i have used them the past 3 seasons as my primary mower. hold up great. i would like to have the commercial ones but they are really expensive. i just replace more wheels and fill up more often that is wut it comes down too. i love the two strokes, no oil change, light, and zippy. they are now just trim mowers since i got some bigger equipment now.

P.S. they have the My-Speed self propel and i love it. all u do is give it a little push and it takes off. it matches your walkin speed. it has done extremely well for me