PDA

View Full Version : Caster Wheel Bearings

s and s mowing
10-30-2004, 10:31 AM
I Have A Lazer With 125 Hrs On It,the Manual Says To Break Wheels Apart (yearly) And Install New Seals And Maybe New Bearings And Repack Grease.sureley I Dont Need To Do This At 125 Hrs Do I

T.L.C.
10-30-2004, 10:52 AM
I have a Lazer with nearly 1800 hours on it. I'm not telling you to ignore the guidance of the manual, but I have never done that. I have however, was diligent in keeping all grease zerts full, especially the caster wheels. I greased them & continue to do so every 10 hours. Some may say that is too often, but with 1800 hours, the only mechanical failure I have had is 2 spindle bearings replaced (non-greaseable), 2 drive belts, 2 deck belts, & 1 battery. I do a thorough inspection/cleaning ( no water!) each week on both ZTR's & all of my equipment. Hope you have as good of luck as I have had with mine!
Tommy

lawnman_scott
10-30-2004, 10:54 AM
No i wouldnt bother. Mine has 600 on it, and I havent gotten around to doing it yet. And the wheels are still nice and tight, the bearings are fine im sure.

Travis Followell
10-30-2004, 09:23 PM
We never do that on our Woods mower and the wheel bearings are just fine.

lazer 46
10-30-2004, 09:37 PM
I had to replace the front wheel bearings in my 2002 Lazer at 380 hrs. No grease fittings on it. Exmark would not warranty it. Only covered for one year.

mdb landscaping
10-30-2004, 10:43 PM
haha ive had to replace bearings on one of our lazers twice this season. its not that hard to take them out and re-pack them to be safe. beats having to stop doing everything and be forced to change them. after doing it twice ive gotten real good at changing them quickly. getting that first bushing out is usually a pain. takes some good whacks with a screw driver and hammer to get it out.