PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change question

HighGrass
10-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I am getting ready to store the Exmark away for the winter and have a question. Should I replace the oil and filter now, or wait and do it in the spring? If you do it now, do you replace the oil in the spring as well?

Thanks.

stevesmowing
10-30-2004, 11:28 AM
I change mine in the fall and then its all set to go again in the spring. No need to change it again.

beaver
10-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I would go ahead and change the ouil now, i hear used oil can gunk up inside your engine, and your set to go for spring...

ITL
10-30-2004, 12:47 PM
I agree with Stevesmowing and Beaver, best to change the oil and filter before putting away for the season. Do not let the engine bearings sit in used oil with combustion by-products/acids from ring blow-by. I also like to use fuel stabilizer for the last mow to keep carb from gumming up.

Wayne

HighGrass
10-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I agree with Stevesmowing and Beaver, best to change the oil and filter before putting away for the season. Do not let the engine bearings sit in used oil with combustion by-products/acids from ring blow-by. I also like to use fuel stabilizer for the last mow to keep carb from gumming up.

Wayne

Yep, I started running fuel stable through as of last week so I know it's in there. I fill the tanks as well one last time and "stabil" them as well.