PDA

View Full Version : pix of rig with new used truck, dixie, exmark, and trailer

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 08:20 PM
pix of my new used truck with trailer....

some of you, remember the pic of my red and yellow dakota v6 i was using to work with, well i finally got a bigger truck, 94 ford f150 v8. here are some pix. heres the dakota along with the new ford.

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 08:23 PM
more pix, of the dixie and exmark

rookiemower
10-30-2004, 10:31 PM
mark why are you selling all your stuff ;)

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
hey their, thanks for replying, but i want to get a hydro wb next year, possibly a stander or quick-track (they've really cought my eye). and so i can get a enclosed trailer.

ALarsh
10-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Nice looking rig. I dont think the red/yellow color combo on the trailer goes well together, maybe its the pics though.

What kind of gas milage do you get on that ford?

RedWingsDet
10-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Nice looking rig. I dont think the red/yellow color combo on the trailer goes well together, maybe its the pics though.

What kind of gas milage do you get on that ford?

well take a look at the dakota ;) the dakota used to pull the trailer, and i wanted the trailer to match my dakota ;) but now that im selling the trailer, no need in putting any money/effort into it unless its driving somewhere to sell it.

milage on the ford...... 8mpg (costs $60 +- to fill up). but then again i only have to drive it about 40 miles a week when doing lawns. but tommarow im putting new plugs, air filter, and some other stuff on it to gain some extra mpg if possible.

ALarsh
10-31-2004, 12:03 AM
well take a look at the dakota ;) the dakota used to pull the trailer, and i wanted the trailer to match my dakota ;) but now that im selling the trailer, no need in putting any money/effort into it unless its driving somewhere to sell it.

milage on the ford...... 8mpg (costs $60 +- to fill up). but then again i only have to drive it about 40 miles a week when doing lawns. but tommarow im putting new plugs, air filter, and some other stuff on it to gain some extra mpg if possible.

8 mpg... :dizzy: :eek: :( I was thinking about the F-150, but I don't think I can afford it at 8 mpg at over $2/gallon for gas. Looks like i'm going to have to find a diesel. ;)

RedWingsDet
10-31-2004, 12:19 AM
8 mpg... :dizzy: :eek: :( I was thinking about the F-150, but I don't think I can afford it at 8 mpg at over $2/gallon for gas. Looks like i'm going to have to find a diesel. ;)

i sure would, but that means.... heavier front end, which leads to sometimes not being able to put a bigger plow on it! but then again i could be wrong. next truck i get i really want to get a diesel. my dakota only gets 11mpg.

RedWingsDet
11-13-2004, 02:11 AM
well i said farewell to the dixie and 5x10 trailer. Its going to be weird tommarow towing a 16ft trailer without the dixie.

Smithers
11-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Mark, there is no way you are getting 8mpg on that truck. If you are, there is something wrong with it. I have a '97 F-150 and i get 15-16 without a trailer, and 14-15 with the enclosed trailer.

RedWingsDet
11-13-2004, 07:36 PM
there is something wrong with it. I had a new tranny put in so that kinda broke the bank, but it needs new plugs and whatnot. it runs like crap, i plan on getting it fixed this week or next.

chuckers
11-14-2004, 12:57 AM
i can belive it gets that i have a F250 and with a trailer i get about 8-10 its tough. all the fords i have ever had drank gas like crazy.

wissel_landscaping
11-14-2004, 11:09 AM
the side ramp gate is on the wrong side of the trailer, shouldnt be on the passenger side i have never see one on the drivers side.

Expert Lawns
11-15-2004, 03:27 PM
from the pics it looks like you've been doing some cleanups in the rain. i HATE doing leaves when it's wet. makes it 3 times as difficult

qualitylandscaping
11-18-2004, 10:44 PM
8mpg I wish!!

I'm pulling loaded rig at 2-4mpg.. It sucks to actually be able to watch the gauge drop.. :cry:

RedWingsDet
11-20-2004, 03:36 AM
from the pics it looks like you've been doing some cleanups in the rain. i HATE doing leaves when it's wet. makes it 3 times as difficult

i dont mind it too much, i find that i can fit more in the truck because, when there dry, they take up more cubic inch and weigh less, but when there wet they take up less cubic inch but weigh more. Only hard thing IMO with the wet leaves is throwing the heavy tarp up in the bed.

wissel... I kind of like it better on the driverside, but actually ive never had it on the passenger side, so i guess i have to say that i dont mind it on the driver side, lol.

quality.... Thats absolute crazy! I bet you wish you bought the diesel, it probably would have paid for itself by now!

CGLC
11-22-2004, 05:22 PM
mark why are you selling all your stuff ;)
Ya Mark, are you leaving the lawn care buisness? Are you getting into snow removal?

ALarsh
11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
I think hes buying new equipment.

RedWingsDet
11-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Ya Mark, are you leaving the lawn care buisness? Are you getting into snow removal?

nope, im staying in it, for the long haul. I just want to get a WB Hydro, probably a Stander. and I want to get an enclosed trailer. I can get a 18footer for $100 over cost, so Im going to take advantage of it while I can, so I dont need the open trailer anymore so im selling it....

any yes I sure am getting in the snow plowing business, I dont like to call it removal, be cause I dont remove snow (yet, maybe in a few years ill get the dump trucks and big scoopers to remove snow from parking lots) so therefore im not going to call it that or advertise it as that :) hehe.

Anyway, only things I have left to sell is the 16ft trailer and the 48" Exmark WB

$1000 for 16 footer and $1200 for the Exmark.

ALarsh
11-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey Mark, how many accounts do you have?

RedWingsDet
11-22-2004, 07:25 PM
for lawns about 45.

for plows about 15 so far. but ill have more once it starts to snow because i have mostly old people for the lawns so they will realise how much they dont want to do it in the cold and hopefully call me.

i cant take on to many accounts because of school.

CGLC
11-23-2004, 11:25 PM
nope, im staying in it, for the long haul. I just want to get a WB Hydro, probably a Stander. and I want to get an enclosed trailer. I can get a 18footer for $100 over cost, so Im going to take advantage of it while I can, so I dont need the open trailer anymore so im selling it....

any yes I sure am getting in the snow plowing business, I dont like to call it removal, be cause I dont remove snow (yet, maybe in a few years ill get the dump trucks and big scoopers to remove snow from parking lots) so therefore im not going to call it that or advertise it as that :) hehe.

Anyway, only things I have left to sell is the 16ft trailer and the 48" Exmark WB

$1000 for 16 footer and $1200 for the Exmark.

That sucks I live in St. Paul MN cuz I am looking at buying a trailer your size right now. I think If I am correct in reading your past post that we are a lot alike. Going to school, younger ext. Forgive me If I am thinking of someone else. The reason I ask is I am amazed at what you have for accounts. I read through the snow plowing threads and noticed your town homes. Good luck! Finally, I was wondering if you could share with me how you got your business and any ideas how i could get bigger for next summer. Thanks

Expert Lawns
11-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Mark, you're in the same boat as me. I can only take 10 credits a semester due to my work schedule. Next year I am seriously considering hiring 2 men to do the labor so I can dedicate more time to school and advertising for the biz.

RedWingsDet
11-24-2004, 12:27 PM
That sucks I live in St. Paul MN cuz I am looking at buying a trailer your size right now. I think If I am correct in reading your past post that we are a lot alike. Going to school, younger ext. Forgive me If I am thinking of someone else. The reason I ask is I am amazed at what you have for accounts. I read through the snow plowing threads and noticed your town homes. Good luck! Finally, I was wondering if you could share with me how you got your business and any ideas how i could get bigger for next summer. Thanks

ahhh. well ya im 16. I started this year with 2 21's and some JD weed eaters and blowers... I started out with 6 lawn accounts and now well did cut around 45 or so a week...

I got the first 6 from lastyear putting out snow flyers and the people who i got from snow I got for lawns too... and then their neighbors and freinds hired me. I have one lady who has gotten me over 15 accounts no joke.

But I highly recommend putting out xmas cards to you customers!!! I also send out a Thank You card when they sign up for the services I provide.

And to get bigger next year, simply put some ads in the paper and put out some flyers.

Also, try to stay solo for as long as possible.

Hope this helps some... Good Luck!