PDA

View Full Version : Please help, looking for thread...

Tonyr
10-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm looking for the recent picture posted in a thread within the last couple of weeks of a chute blocker plate with a formed mulch baffle section attached.

The idea is to attach the blocker plate and the baffle section enabled the clippings to go around and be chopped finer to save leaving the tradional line of clipopings an ocdc leaves when closed.

This pic is like a quick fix mulch kit....I built one off memory of this pic but still leaves the line, just want to see where I went wrong...maybe run a double blade on the discharge side of deck?

Please help if yas can.

Turf Medic
10-30-2004, 09:08 PM
You might want to check out this thread, post 19 by Frankenscag

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=55154&highlight=ocdc+mulch+baffle

Not sure if this is the one, but I would pm Frankenscag if it isn't, he is always building stuff. His description states that it is set up with some extra baffling to prevent the little row of clippings.

Tonyr
10-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks mate,

no that wasn't the one, but reading about Eric's lip, that maybe the trick!

Anyway, here is what I had made, then I made it fit a turbo force deck with the adjustable baffle still on....lots of hacking LOL!

Can I ask for feedback please why this still leaves a windrow, but does mulch more, but still leaves a windrow....would a lip along the baffle solve this somehow?

What is the main purpose of the lip anyway?

My aim is to do jobs where I can't side discharge without fitting the full kit, quick remove and continue side discharging...

I will admit I haven't tried double blades on the discharge spindle...in OZ we cut at 2 to 2.5''.

Pictured is my effort, just bolts on the outside on the discharge flange section of the deck, baffle imitates a mulch kit baffle on end blade....